Notifications
Clear all

Dry Climate And Acne.org Products

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 05/23/2013 11:54 pm

I live in a very dry desert climate and am wondering if anyone else on the regimen is dealing with dry skin and a dry climate? I am currently only using acne.org products and cannot wait more than 5 minutes between applying products due to the dryness and I am always flaky and wrinkles are showing more. I do run humidifiers, but it is so dry here I wonder if jojoba oil is enough with no humidity or if there is another non-pore clogging moisturizer that works better in dry air. Before starting Dan's products I was using Aminogenesis with BP and it did add moisture but has pore clogging ingredients. Also I don't know if the Aminogenesis claims are true. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated even on Aminogenesis if our skin can really absorb amino acids?eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 05/24/2013 4:02 pm

I live in a very dry desert climate and am wondering if anyone else on the regimen is dealing with dry skin and a dry climate? I am currently only using acne.org products and cannot wait more than 5 minutes between applying products due to the dryness and I am always flaky and wrinkles are showing more. I do run humidifiers, but it is so dry here I wonder if jojoba oil is enough with no humidity or if there is another non-pore clogging moisturizer that works better in dry air. Before starting Dan's products I was using Aminogenesis with BP and it did add moisture but has pore clogging ingredients. Also I don't know if the Aminogenesis claims are true. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated even on Aminogenesis if our skin can really absorb amino acids?eusa_think.gif

I just realized I am not supposed to ask about other proucts here. Is any one using Dan's products in a dry climate and do they have any tips or tricks?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 05/29/2013 9:47 am

Jojoba is prob the best option, Apple cider vinegar is also surprisingly good for dry skin

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/30/2013 4:37 pm

Use the moisturizer very generously. Add 5-6 extra drops of jojoba oil to the moisturizer in your hand before you apply it. In my experience, jojoba oil can make a big difference. If that doesn't help, you can try Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It was formulated for dry sensitive skin and some people really like it.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 05/30/2013 5:45 pm

You can ask about other products on here. You just can't link or advertise for them. But this website is full of other product post and information. It's a acne board not just a regime board :)

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 06/01/2013 1:04 pm

Thank you for the suggestions! I have been using the jojoba oil and my skin has done a turn around. It is not peeling and flakying anymore.

I love using vinegar on my hair, but I think my skin is too sensitive. Do you rinses the vinegar off your face?

I do have one more question though, It seems like when I was using the aminogenesis cleanser and moisturizer my skin was firmer along the jaw line and my wrinkles were more plump,when my skin is completely clear should I start using the aminogenesis again with Dan's BP? Or does the jojoba oil have some anti-aging qualities that will work better the more I use it? Currently I am using Dan's Cleanser,treatment,and moisturizer with jojoba oil and It keeps my skin clear with no redness! My only concern now is keeping it firm along my jawline and wrinkles.

Does anyone else have the same concerns and love Dan's products?

Your replies are aprreciated more than you know.wub.png