Notifications
Clear all

What Else Should I Use To Clear My Skin?

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 05/20/2013 11:35 pm

hi everyone i just stumbled across this site and thought i would join and ask a few questions!

ive been struggling to clear up my skin for a few years now (im 18) and i cant seem to find anything that works! i use benzoil peroxide cream once or twice a day wash my face twice a day with cetephil cleanser or benzoil peroxide wash. i tried to take menocyclin pills for 10 days (until i got dizziness side effects) and this might sound weird but change my sheets often.

any suggestions to what i should use/how i should go about getting rid of these awful pimples?!

another thing, i ride my motorcycle every 2-4 days for work/pleasure and ive been wondering, will my helmet cause more pimples to break out on my face?

MemberMember
(@ghiggz)

Posted : 05/20/2013 11:55 pm

I'd really recommend starting the Regimen and using Dan's products. His cleanser is great, his 2.5% benzoyl peroxide is just right, and honestly I feel like his moisturizer actually fights acne rather than clogging pores! Check it out: http://www.danielkern.com/

You might also want to try taking a zinc supplement, because many studies have linked low levels of zinc with acne. Optizinc by Source Naturals is a good brand. Pretty cheap, too.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 05/20/2013 11:56 pm

Start washing your face with water only and apply dans bp gel once or twice a day. Stop using the cleanser and let your skin barrier repair for a little while.

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:42 am

thanks for the replys! My skin is really oily and almost never drys out so i dont mind more harsh products but i also used those alcohol cleaner wipes that are suppost to clean ur skin. Those started to dry my skin after weeks of use but not much.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 06/10/2013 3:18 pm

thanks for the replys! My skin is really oily and almost never drys out so i dont mind more harsh products but i also used those alcohol cleaner wipes that are suppost to clean ur skin. Those started to dry my skin after weeks of use but not much.

Probably not wise to think that your skin is resilient to harsh products. Cause once you go too harsh, it's hard to get your skin back.

Order Dan's products. His BP is a gel, and his cleanser is gentle. You might try washing your face 2 times in the shower. Lather the cleanser in your hands and apply the lather gently for 10-15 seconds. Do not be abrasive. Total of 30 seconds of face washing.

Try exfoliants. Try using a modest amount of BP at night (nickel sized) and try Paula's Choice BHA during the day. Many people on this site have a lot of success with Paula's Choice BHA. If your skin is oily I wouldn't do a moisturizer.

Be gentle with your skin and take note of the products you are using and how it looks day to day. If your products are working, you'll cycle through less and less breakouts until your skin is manageable.

MemberMember
(@mkap)

Posted : 06/11/2013 7:33 pm

I had small bumps on face, and when I would squeeze one (to see what it was), a hard sebum would come out. I know its gross sorry! But at least then I knew I had clogged pores. Plus, my pores are large and my skin is very oily, and I live in Florida. I tried using a Clarisonic, because I heard great things about it. I had wanted one forever but didn't want to spend so much on something I wasn't sure would work. I have tried everything u can think of and paid a lot of money for products that didn't work. After about a month of using it my skin wasn't as oily and I barely had any breakouts. It really takes off all your makeup so well (another reason you get clogged pores). The bumps are very minimal now. I didn't use one for so long because they are a little expensive. But it is totally worth it. You will notice a difference after the first use. You can also buy it on QVC for a reduced price, and pay for it monthly. I think the price was 136, and I paid 25 dollars a month for 5 or 6 months (NO INTEREST), and once you decide to buy you make your first payment and they send it to you right away. You don't need to pay it off first before you get it. You just need a credit/debit card, no gimmicks! If you don't like it send it back ( you have 30 days and you get your first payment back if u return it, but u wont). A lot of people think its really expensive and cant afford it, but this makes it perfect for anyone. Clear skin is worth it!! I really rave about this product because I was so self consciousness and tried so many things and this is a must have and brought my self confidence back! If you don't believe me look at the reviews. Also, they have many types of brush heads, the deep pore cleanser brush head is the best. I use it with a product with an exfoliator at night and in morning I use Peter Thomas Roth anti aging cleansing gel. Just make sure everything is oil free!! Also, try using a black charcoal mask (orgins makes one I think) once a week. Good Luck! MEL

DONT USE ALCOHOL ON SKIN...it actually will make your skin produce more oil to try and rebalance itself out. Try using something oil free and use a black charcoal mask once a week.

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 06/12/2013 2:04 pm

update: i started using walmarts Benzoil peroxide and within a week (of sticking to it using it 2-3 times a day) i noticed a diffrence. my skin is pretty clear now and i have very few break outs. it deffinatley stays more dry now but still can get oily through the day (why i sometimes wash it mid day for a total 3 times a day). i wash it with BP and put on BP cream every time after i wash it.

this is just walmart brand stuff and im just wondering do you think if i used dans products it would work even better? or be better on my skin? my skin doesnt seem to be taking a beating it acually looks pretty good now...

thanks for the help!