Notifications
Clear all

Do You Commit Long Term To A Regimen Or Do You Switch Products A Lot?

MemberMember
(@kissses)

Posted : 05/16/2013 8:14 pm

Even when I see great results I always wanna try something else eventually.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/16/2013 8:24 pm

Even when I see great results I always wanna try something else eventually.

I'm like that as well! I like trying different things to see if they can make great results even better. I have learned though that you should only do this one product at a time. That way if the new product breaks you out, you know right away what broke you out. Adding to many things at once will make that a little difficult.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 05/16/2013 9:26 pm

Im kinda like that but I always want to get off using a regimen and see if I have out grown breaking out, especially after Accutane. Never works out though... lol

MemberMember
(@animallover110293)

Posted : 05/17/2013 9:19 pm

It seems like I switch products a lot, because the acne gets used to what I'm doing and eventually breaks out again. I stick to something until it stops working, which is usually after 6 or so months.

MemberMember
(@cynthea)

Posted : 05/19/2013 1:16 pm

I love trying new products constantly, I can't help it. Sometimes, when I'm not even done one cleanser, I see one I like on the aisle and I pick it up. This isn't good, since some/most cleansers requires you to constantly use them for them to effectively help. I guess this is because I'm still on the hunt for my 'holy grail' cleanser. Sometimes, I think I found it, but then I see something 'better' on the aisle and I'm extremely tempted to try it.

MemberMember
(@saraf123123)

Posted : 05/20/2013 12:17 pm

I'm like that too. It's weird, there is something in me that gets excited when I go to the facewash aisle. eusa_shhh.gif

MemberMember
(@kailaruth)

Posted : 05/20/2013 12:25 pm

I really believe that for me, switching products was a main factor in my break outs (under the skin, flesh colored but VERY stubborn and all over)

I promised myself that with starting tretenoin cream I would stick to one regimen for a year and honestly I am clear and my skin tone is improving every day. As soon as I start to think about switching it up I try to remind myself of other times where I'd break out 2-3 weeks after starting something new and all the other problems (dryness, redness etc.)

Just my 2 cents. :)