My Daily Regimen Fo...

Notifications
Clear all

My Daily Regimen For Adult Acne

MemberMember
(@jb00)

Posted : 05/09/2013 3:03 am

I had acne for more than 12 years and finally found a solution. I tried a lot of topical products for acne: Salicylic acid, AHA, drugstore brands, expensive skin care brands and spent thousands through the years buying all these products. Finally, when I turned 27, I thought to myself I will never outgrow this in my life. However, I started exploring natural remedies for acne and this started my journey.

Skin Care Regime:

Facial Wash - Raw and Organic Honey

Toner - Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Witch Hazel extract and water

Moisturizer - Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

Twice a week Aztec Bentonite Clay Mask

When outdoors like running or at the beach, I use VMV Sport SPF 70

Supplements:

Pantothenic Acid 500mg 3x a day

Chelated Zinc(Solgar) - 22mg 3x a day

Cod Liver Oil - 3x a day

Chromium Picolinate - 500mcg - once a day

Bee Pollen - substitute for a multivitamin

Dandelion/Milk Thistle/Kelp - I rotate one herbal supplement per month or something I fancy

Probiotic supplement

Vitamin D - Daily sun exposure for about 20-30 mintues per day

Beverage Daily:

Apple Cider Drink with cayenne - for alkaline balance

Wheatgrass Drink Daily - for alkaline balance

Yogi Herbal and Green tea

Alkaline Water

Exercise: Running and Yoga

I have been drinking wheatgrass/herbal tea, doing the skin care regimen to cure acne for two months and it has balance my skin but did not really clear my skin. One life changing supplement that cleared my acne was ZINC. I can't believe how this single mineral supplement was something my body was deficient of.

It made my skin literally glow with health! Also, going that natural skin care routine has been excellent in making my skin supple, dewy and soft to touch. Now my only problem is scarring from a decade of acne. But slowly, my acne scars are fading with this regimen and I hope sharing this can help someone out there.

Acne History: Mild to moderate acne; did not undergo any antibiotics treatment or birth control pills for acne

Skin Type: Oily Skin

Diet: I eat everything - pork, beef, chicken, vegetables and fruit. Though over the years, I think milk triggers my acne but zinc seems to hinder its evil effect on my body XD I have a sweet tooth and I eat a lot pastries and cakes or anything sweet. Disclaimer: I am currently using more organic products, since I know how to bake, I just prepare my own pastries, cake, cheesecake, bread and cookies.

Side Effect: Zinc increased my sexual energy LOL but I see no problem about this!

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 05/09/2013 4:34 am

Hi Jb00, thank you for sharing your regime with us. I have some doubts, you say you take 22 mg of zinc chelated. Is not a low dosage?

And can you tell us more about your experience with Pantothenic Acid, did you have hair lost? Did you start with that dosage 500 mg? And do you also take L- cysteine to prevent hair lost?

How long have you been with this regime? Are you acne- free 90% or 100%?

MemberMember
(@jb00)

Posted : 05/09/2013 5:08 am

Hi Jb00, thank you for sharing your regime with us. I have some doubts, you say you take 22 mg of zinc chelated. Is not a low dosage?

And can you tell us more about your experience with Pantothenic Acid, did you have hair lost? Did you start with that dosage 500 mg? And do you also take L- cysteine to prevent hair lost?

How long have you been with this regime? Are you acne- free 90% or 100%?

Zinc: 22 mg x 3 a day = 66 mg of chelated zinc; I think this is quite quite a good number to start off considering the dosage some take like 100mg to 200 mg of zinc gluconate. I use SOLGAR chelated zinc ($7 to $10) which is chelated zinc process by Albion which is a good patented process of mineral chelation.

Pantothenic Acid: 500 mg x 3 a day = 1,500 mg. I have been taking this for a month and did not feel any different or affected my skin at all tongue.png; no hair loss

I have been doing the natural skin care regimen for more than 3 months now. It did balance out my skin making it more supple, soft, dewy but really never cleared my acne. I have acne around the jawline/ and around the mouth which I suspect maybe a hormonal problem after reading so many threads about it. So I started with a colon cleanse, liver cleanse and making my body more alkaline but it did nothing in preventing acne though I lost a lot weight with this biggrin.png

The only change in my supplementation is adding chelated zinc. I have been taking zinc for only a week and significant changes started happening. I have 99% clear skin, the remaining 1 pimple is starting to heal after a month of being inflamed. Can you imagine my relief of this discovery. This also triggered my desire to post for the first time in acne.org and share something important.

Side Note: I have not used a flouride toothpaste for 5 years which greatly helped minimizing acne around the mouth. I use an all natural toothpaste non-flouride toothpaste from Jason.

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 05/09/2013 7:54 am

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I am 43 years, suffering from severe cystic acne since I was a teen. I have been taking diane35 ( ciproterone acetate) for three years, and my acne is better than before Diane 35, but definitely not cured.

Three months ago, I started taking zinc gluconate 32 mg x day, and I noticed some improvement, but not cured.

I was thinking of increasing the dosage of zinc gluconate (45 mg), adding Panthotenic Acid ( 500 mg as wingedserpent), and saw palmetto.

If you notice hair lost in future because of B5, you should take L-cysteine, because I think B5 depletes L- cysteine and cause hair lost. I have never taken B5, but I have read the other thread ( holystic forum) called B5 hair lost and explain in detail the problems they had with B5 and hair lost. I am telling you so, in case it can be helpfull for you, but I don't want to scare you.

MemberMember
(@jb00)

Posted : 05/09/2013 10:44 am

Thank you so much for answering my questions. I am 43 years, suffering from severe cystic acne since I was a teen. I have been taking diane35 ( ciproterone acetate) for three years, and my acne is better than before Diane 35, but definitely not cured.

Three months ago, I started taking zinc gluconate 32 mg x day, and I noticed some improvement, but not cured.

I was thinking of increasing the dosage of zinc gluconate (45 mg), adding Panthotenic Acid ( 500 mg as wingedserpent), and saw palmetto.

If you notice hair lost in future because of B5, you should take L-cysteine, because I think B5 depletes L- cysteine and cause hair lost. I have never taken B5, but I have read the other thread ( holystic forum) called B5 hair lost and explain in detail the problems they had with B5 and hair lost. I am telling you so, in case it can be helpfull for you, but I don't want to scare you.

Thanks about the tip on adding l-cysteine and may supplement with that to balance things out. I have not tried saw palmetto and I will check the benefits.

I will update after two weeks on any side effects from high dosage of b5 and zinc. I am bit shy in posting my pic to prove it. :P

MemberMember
(@jb00)

Posted : 06/02/2013 4:51 am

Update after 3 weeks: I have lowered my supplement dosages:

Supplements:

Pantothenic Acid 500mg 1x a day

Chelated Zinc(Solgar) - 22mg 2x a day

Cod Liver Oil - 3x a day

Chromium Polynicotinate GTF - 200mcg - twice a day

Vitamin D3 - 5,000 IU (once a day)

Vitamin C - 500 mg 3x a day

Vitamin A - 5,000IU 3x a day

MSM - 1,000 mg 2x a day

I am 90% percent clear skin. No existing big adult acne.

I started taking flaxseed oil and it caused big cystic type acne flare ups :P After stopping taking flax seed oil my acne calmed down. Though not listed as one of my daily supplement, I am taking kelp and I can assure you it did not cause acne for me.

MemberMember
(@jb00)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:14 am

After finishing my bottles, I will switch to a multivitamin since I am getting tired of taking too many pills, I looked like drug addict with so many vitamins I have to take tongue.png

Supplement Plan:

Solgar Male Multiple - 3x a day (contains all the vitamin a,c,zinc,selenium,copper balance without taking too many pills)

Cod Liver Oil - 3x a day

Chromium Polynicotinate GTF - 200mcg - twice a day - helps with weight loss and insulin sensitivity

Vitamin D3 - 5,000 IU (once a day)

MSM - 1,000 mg 2x a day - for joint support because of running

Pantothenic Acid 500mg 1x a day - also helps with metabolism

Cinnamon Extract - 2 x per day - helps with insulin sensitivity

After a month of taking supplements, I feel chromium GTF and cinnamon extract greatly helped with insulin sensitivity that I can eat anything sweet, and binge on processed food without any worries of having any acne at all.

Oily Skin update: My skin is less oily than before; almost dewy throughout the day which is great :D

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 06/09/2013 4:12 am

Hi! I missed your success story. Congratulations and great job!