Notifications
Clear all

Icepick Scarring From Out Of Nowhere?

MemberMember
(@bdubz21)

Posted : 05/09/2013 12:54 am

Hi guys. So to get straight to the point, I have icepick scarring on both of my cheekbones, and have had them since i was a kid, long before I ever had acne. But at one point I never had any there. I used to have freckles when I was really young, then as I got a bit older the freckles went away and these icepick scars appeared out of nowhere. Ive never had a problem with acne on this area of my face, but everyone thinks theyre acne scars. I can probably count on one hand how many pimples ive had in this area. What could have caused these to appear at such a young age seemingly out of nowhere? And do you think they would be easier to clear up then typical icepick scars, since I cant think of any real "damage" that caused them?

MemberMember
(@brandoncwb)

Posted : 11/03/2013 2:00 am

Hello. Well, If that's what it is, (an icepick scar) then it doesn't really matter what caused it. Since it is the same scar it will take the same amount of time to heal as an icepick scar caused from acne, shaving, or whatever else. I'm not positive on what I'm about to say, so don't quote me on this. But I've heard that Icepick scars do not heal. Scars are permanent. If it is just pigmentation on the other hand, then it will heal overtime. If you didn't already know, Pigmentation is the discoloration of the skin. True icepick scars are the tiny little holes in your skin. Almost looks like dead pores. Just tiny black, (or sometimes your skin color) holes in the skin. I also have them. Be thankful you only have them on your cheekbones though!! I have them around my mouth, and on both cheeks! I'm not trying to discourage you at all, But I've had mine for over 4 years. They DO make things you can use to try to "Ease" them up a little bit and fade them. Try using vitamin E oil. not too much though. Just get the purest form of Vitamin E oil you can find, and apply to the problem area once or twice a day. Its better to do it at night because it can take 10-15 minutes to completely dry. The good news is though, you can tan over vitamin E oil after it dries. You don't need to wash it off first. I've also read/heard that BIO Oil works really, really good. It can be kind of expensive though, But it works wonders for acne marks, stretch marks, speeds up the healing process, ETC.. I really do wish you luck and Just know that you are not alone at all. Many people including myself, have that problem. Although mine is due to not being careful when I had acne, I feel the exact same way as you. Don't give up. Be strong. good luck buddy :)

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 12/22/2013 9:59 am

Ice picks look like large deep pores. I have some on my cheeks too, although i can't remember the pimples that gave me them.

Mine have reduced over time.

I have a glycolic acid facewash which has also worked wonders, as well as using a retinoid on my skin (there are a few studies that these can stimulate collagen production)

Be thankful that is all you have, some people have painful cysts or severe scarring.

Good luck,I hope they'll reduce over time.