Notifications
Clear all

Foundation Or/and Powder?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/04/2013 12:50 pm

hello!

i'll let know 1st that i've less or no idea about doing make-up.

i use a sunscreen that my derma had prescribed.its MELAGARD 50+.

It's got ZINC OXIDE alone with few other chemical blocks in it.

as zno does,it leaves a slightly pale look.

covered look.

i have a concealer from AVON.

AVON STICK CONCEALER.

post-200657-0-14815600-1367689771.jpg

now,what i want to know is CAN I USE THE SUNSCREEN ALL OVER MY FACE AND THEN PUT THE CONCEALERS JUST ON MY POST-ACNE SPOTS/BLEMISHES ETC??

DO I NEED A POWDER/COMPACT/FOUNDATION OR WHATEVER IS USED?

i dont want to because i'm skeptical about using any make-up.it might worsen my acne.

PLEASE HELP!

post-200657-0-14815600-1367689771.jpg

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/05/2013 10:48 am

hey!

need some help here.

i'm kinda freaking out for its tomorrow!

damn!damn!damn!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/05/2013 1:30 pm

Hey Aanabill, sorry I didn't get your message sooner.

Don't freak out- you'll be fine to go ahead and use your concealer on its own. As long as the colour match still looks ok with your skin tone, don't be afraid to go ahead and apply the concealer to problem areas. Just make sure you really blend the edges of the concealer around your blemishes so that there is a seamless blend between your skin and concealer. A bit of translucent powder all over would help to keep the concealer in place for longer, but you don't have to use powder.

Hope that helps!

And I've just seen your other post where you mentioned using q-tips. You can do that but products tend to stick to the q-tip and don't transfer onto the skin so easily. Personally I prefer to rub some concealer on to the back of my hand then apply with my finger from there, using my hand like a pallet. Whoever said don't apply straight to the skin from the concealer stick was right- as this does allow bacteria to harbour.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/06/2013 3:43 am

thank u so much!

its my day today.

i'm be sort of trying make-up the 1st time today.

just in a while.i hope i dnt look pathetic and fake.

but thanks for helping.

cheers!