Notifications
Clear all

Improving Skin Tone

MemberMember
(@the-conqueror)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:08 am

Hello,

Well so here is my problem : I had a very fair skin back when I was a child, however, maybe because of sun-light it darkened a lot over the years...and then came the ACNE! Well I had been through microderm and 3 chemical peels and they had restored back my skin colour and all was well. I think I did not use the sun-screen generously enough so my skin has started to darken again. Will chemical peels help to get back my original skin colour? I have very small tiny scars on forehead, will chemical peels make them less noticeable? They are only visible in strong-light.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/05/2013 5:18 am

Chemical peels are a mixed bag. I did a whole series of them years ago to help with my acne and they worsened things tremendously so i can't recommend them WITH having ACTIVE acne. But on the other hand, if you no longer are dealing with acne, they will peel away old skin and over time, reveal fresher skin.

MemberMember
(@the-conqueror)

Posted : 05/05/2013 9:26 am

So should I be assured that I will get my skin back? Will they completely wipe out tiny little scars which are noticeable only under strong-light? I was on a low dose ten mg accutane and my dermat has recommended very gentle microderm. Is it okay?