Notifications
Clear all

My Current Acne Medication

MemberMember
(@rocker165)

Posted : 04/23/2013 9:15 pm

So I finally went to a dermatologist yesterday. He gave my antibiotic( Doxycycline) and I have to take that two times a day for two weeks. He also gave me Erythromycin gel, Benzoyl Peroxide, Miconazole cream plus a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic facial wash. So what can you say about this? Did your doctor give you the same? or some of these stuff? By the way, I have to use all of these for two weeks and after that, I need to come back. I have moderate acne.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/23/2013 9:19 pm

So I finally went to a dermatologist yesterday. He gave my antibiotic( Doxycycline) and I have to take that two times a day for two weeks. He also gave me Erythromycin gel, Benzoyl Peroxide, Miconazole cream plus a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic facial wash. So what can you say about this? Did your doctor give you the same? or some of these stuff? By the way, I have to use all of these for two weeks and after that, I need to come back. I have moderate acne.

I was on minocycline for about three months. I used it with my regular cetaphil facial wash and the antibiotics did clear my acne but it came back about 10 months alter. I hope you get long term results with your regimen.

MemberMember
(@cassie-reannan)

Posted : 04/24/2013 12:00 am

When I went to the doctor I was prescribed doxycycline also for 100mg for 2 weeks, then after that 50mg for the next 3 months. This is because my acne was very inflammed and sore, plus I was changing birth controls over to one for acne and it needs 3 months to kick in. I am on my 2nd month now and just noticing results.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/24/2013 12:47 am

Wow lots of stuff all at once. I've used all of that stuff or variations thereof, but at different times. Seems like your derm is trying to annihilate your acne