Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lennon33

Nodular/cystic Acne Wont Go Away! Picture*

My face has always been great as far as acne goes. Then, out of nowhere, this huge cyst/nodular acne became inflamed on my cheek. I initially thought it was just any other acne so I tried to squeeze it (bad idea!). That's when it quickly (overnight) inflamed to a huge red bump underneath my eye! I went to a derm and she gave me a cortisone shot after draining it. Now, what must be 8 weeks since this sucker appeared, it is still red (it is mostly flat now but some hardness can still be felt). The picture attached was taken a couple days ago.

This is what it looks like now. I texted this photo to my derm and she prescribed me Keflix/Cephaflixin (spelling is wrong).

Will this 10 day course of Keflix work? What is this thing beneath my eye? Is this even acne????

post-207311-0-14174800-1366753899_thumb.

post-207311-0-14174800-1366753899_thumb.

i did a less pwerful accutane course but after a few mnths i had a sudden attack of big cystic pimples for the 1st time.

i was given azithromycin(azithral 500) and to maintain the daily skincare routine.

i did a less pwerful accutane course but after a few mnths i had a sudden attack of big cystic pimples for the 1st time.

i was given azithromycin(azithral 500) and to maintain the daily skincare routine.

No offense, but what does that have to do with my question? Are you saying azithral is a better drug for what I have?