Notifications
Clear all

Retina Causing My Skin To Break Out?(Please Read)

MemberMember
(@willowlolaa)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:26 pm

I've used retina along with my bp for the past 6 months, and it hasn't really done much (my bp seems to work well though) i used the lowest dose of retina,0025,(i think) but recently they stopped making it until august where im at. anyways, the doctor gave me the next dose up, .050. until there able to get me 0025. i have been using this for 3 weeks now, and my face is breaking out like crazy! i don't wanna continue to use it ether since i have my bp (diane 35) which i find works. should i just stop using it all together? or well my face get even worse? please help sad.png

MemberMember
(@miumiu)

Posted : 04/24/2013 4:44 pm

why do you need retina if BP is working well for you? I would combine BP with AHA/BHA pads (e.g. Peter Thomas Roth Max complexion..)

MemberMember
(@willowlolaa)

Posted : 04/25/2013 11:20 am

because i find the retina dries my skin and if my skin isn't dry i break out :( and im scared that if i go off retina my skins going to get even more broken out, and where do you get the AHA pads at?

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 04/26/2013 10:47 am

I find that if your acne is hormonal, it won't respond well to treatments that don't target the underlying problem. Since you are on a birth control pill that seems to be working, your acne may be hormonal and may not respond as well as you would like to topical medications.

I broke out on Retin A for about six months on the highest concentration. Spironolactone is what cleared me of the large inflamed pimples, Retin A has somewhat reduced the tiny clogged pores. If your acne is hormonal, stick with medications that target hormones.

MemberMember
(@limenanobanano)

Posted : 04/26/2013 8:47 pm

Doesn't Retin A and bp cancel each other out, when used together? Right now I'm also using the lowest form, and its been about a month, not much improvement. I'm also using Clindamycin Phosphate

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 04/27/2013 8:57 am

retin A made my skin look like a red peeling mess and made my pimples 100% worse no matter how low i used it for, i just always looked red

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 05/01/2013 5:51 pm

It's true with everything that one treatment may work for one person but not for the other. Give retin a about three months to work, and be gentle with your skin while you are using it. Don't scrub or abuse other topicals while using this medication. I made the mistake of dumping other medications on my skin while using retin a, and it had the opposite effect...more pimples. So I learned my lesson and I am very gentle with my skin.

It is possible to use BP and retin a but not at the same time. I use BP in the morning, and the retinoid at night. Remember to always use only a pea seized amount. The trick I found with retin a is to be patient and not further irritate your skin,