Notifications
Clear all

When Do I Stop Using Bp?

MemberMember
(@ftw71)

Posted : 04/22/2013 1:01 am

Hi :) I've been on the regimen since December 10th 2012 and it's been working wonders. I had absolutely terrible forehead acne, and I was clear after around only a month and a half of using it. My problem areas are generally my forehead, and my temples, but sometimes I do get a pimple on my chin or jawline.

I'm a guy, and I'm fifteen years old. For the past three months I haven't gotten any breakouts, or big pimples. The last time I got a pimple on my forehead or temple was around 2-3 months ago. I feel like I'm not getting pimples any more, but I'm not sure if it's just how I've changed my diet and lifestyle, or if it's the benzoyl peroxide thats been helping.The annoying thing about the BP is that I feel it's making my skins texture look bad, and the flakiness & redness that comes along with it isn't fun either. My skin is 100% clear, I just have pigmentation left. I'm really questioning whether it's helping or not.

I was just wondering if you guys think that it would be a good idea to drop the BP, or even the regimen. It's starting to get sunny out and I know that BP + Sunlight isn't a good thing for my current pigmentation. Like I said, my skin is 100% clear and I haven't gotten any blemishes in the past two months. I just don't want to drop the regimen and start breaking out like crazy. I remember after the first month on the regimen I was still getting blemishes weekly. But soon after I started eating more healthy and drinking lots of water, it along with the regimen really helped out to clear my skin.

Should I drop BP, and keep the cleansing? I really want to because, the BP's side effects are really starting to feel like they're doing more bad than good. I really don't know what to do and it would be great if you more experienced people out there could help me. Thanks :)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/22/2013 7:57 am

every single time i stopped using my benzaclin (it has bp + clindamycin in it) i started breaking out again. so keep using it but make sure to use a good moisturizer with it. i love olay regenerist deep hydration cream because it has peptides, vitamin e and niacinamide in it as well as other thing but i feel it helps to negate some of the effects of the bp. it also helps with those red marks a lot.

one more thing i find that using a toner really helps to keep the pores nice and clean and it gets rid of that dead skin as well. i like to use thayers non-alcohol witch hazel toner with aloe for the morning (it moisturizers too which is nice) and then in the evening i use the proactiv toner because it has witch hazel and glycolic acid in it.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 04/22/2013 10:02 am

The minute you drop the BP, you've dropped the regimen. I think since you're only 15 you should keep using it throughout your school years and just enjoy being clear. Implement the AHA+ into the regimen in order to get rid of the flakiness and reduce red marks.

I wish I found the regimen back then...I'd have saved myself a lot of scarring.