Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose Accutane 10Mg.

MemberMember
(@mahweeoh)

Posted : 04/20/2013 12:35 pm

Hello all I'm needing some help. Since I have a condition that leaves my acne virtually uncureable at this point, I am considering low dose Accutane.

But i want more input on whether low dose is still safe for blood sugar levels. I don't have issues with it, but I am well aware of the dangers ( at least in higher doses of Accutane) which have linked cases of diabetes to the drug, which I totally believe. Please, please I am looking for experience regarding this, or even studies on the safety and efficacy of Accutane for lower dose treatment. It is obviously not worth it for me if there are still cases of diabetes on the drug even during low dose treatment ( or even years after treatment). But I still must find out as the acne I experience is quite painful and limits my life.

Thanks as usual. :)

MemberMember
(@vanessa2002)

Posted : 04/20/2013 4:40 pm

Hi!

There are several blogs of people, who are on a low dose treatment, on this site. I've read all of them because I wanna do a low dose treatment, too. 99% of the people experience only the typical side effects like dryness and chapped lips (and I'm talking about people who have taken 20mg or 30mg just for oily skin and a few pimples here and there) but nothing serious.

So I don't think 10mg would be a problem. Also your blood is checked regularly while you're on it and as soon as something might change for the worse, you would be taken off of it.

MemberMember
(@09eric09)

Posted : 04/20/2013 5:19 pm

If you do decide to use it. Lowest dose is your best bet. Accutane is one dangerous drug. You don't want to take the chance.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 04/20/2013 9:56 pm

What condition do you suffer from?

MemberMember
(@auguriesofinnocence)

Posted : 04/26/2013 10:03 pm

hello there,

I can only tell you my experience, it may not be what you want to hear...

I took the lowest dose (10 mg) of accutane last August for only one month. I had cracked bloody lips which peeled off in chunks, nosebleeds, mental fog, and what followed shortly after was suicidal depression. I felt like all the light was sucked from my life. Everything seemed wrong, the world seemed like a strange dark place I didnt want to be a part of anymore. I was always scared. I attempted suicide, not once but 3 times.

I had to be put in a mental hospital for a while, I was a danger to myself. It took 3-4 months and antidepressants for me to come off the horrible feelings, I spent most of the days lying in bed near catatonic and most of the nights crying and shaking. It was the worst few months of my life, hands down.

I wouldnt advise accutane for anyone, at any dose, as far as Im concerned you may as well take rat poison.

Funnily enough, the only thing which cleared my skin was yaz birth control and anti-DHT supplements. If only Id known, I could have been taking these years ago. Diabetes is a possibility yes but thats the least of the problems accutane has caused so many people...try crippling arthritis, chronic dry eye/mouth, all sorts of digestive issues, brain fog, hair loss, extreme fatigue and of course, suicide. And those are just a few. Dont let your derm talk you into taking it, mine did and guess what? If I were dead, hed still be prescribing the stuff to other people.

Try something else, anything else, something will work for you.

ps most people who take accutane get their acne back a few years afterward anyway. Its a pretty bad joke.

Yes, what condition do you have? I have PCOS and my skin has been clear for 9 months now.

MemberMember
(@mahweeoh)

Posted : 05/03/2013 8:02 pm

Sorry for the long reply back. I have supposed adrenal hyperplasia ( non classic ) but now the NIH doctor is iffy on that and is testing me for cyclical cushings disease.