Notifications
Clear all

Scars/ Dents

MemberMember
(@butterfly89)

Posted : 04/20/2013 8:19 am

I have had acne for about 9 years and as a consequence I have acne dents in both sides of my face. I find that under some lights they look horrific and it makes me feel disfigured, but in other lights they don't look too bad. I really want to get treatment, but I am scared that it won't work. I don't even want perfect skin because I value imperfection, I just don't want horrific skin. Recently I have been feeling so low and depressed.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 04/20/2013 9:24 am

The lighting part is what gets to me the most. Some lighting I'm like whatever its not that bad and I start feeling good. Then I catch a glimpse of myself in different lighting and it looks like my face is melting off.

Agree with not minding imperfections. If my scars were like 50 percent better i'd be like whatever I'm a dude with acne scars. I m not a vein person. But the severity of my scars kill me inside.

You're not alone is my point I guess.

MemberMember
(@fraz_2010)

Posted : 04/20/2013 9:42 am

Bad lighting shows imperfections on everybodies face, not just those with depressed acne scars. Thats why models and actors get all those big lights shinning on them from every angle when they're shooting a scene or doing a photo shoot.

If it really concerns you however, then perhaps give temporary fillers a go. A lot of top actors and models use them all the time to smoove out imperfections.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/20/2013 11:51 am

I have that same problem! In some public bathroom mirrors, my scars don't show as much which make me feel better throughout the day, but when they do show, I feel so horrible! I'm too afraid to seek treatment because I've had a bad experience with a peeling treatment which made me break out with a gazillion whiteheads. Meanwhile, I'm just going to try to lessen the appearance. I found a youtube video made by a makeup artist and his trick is to use a circular motion with the foundation brush (it's more about visible pores but I guess it could also work on some scars):

I've also heard to keep the area matte, as shinyness tends to make them more visible.

MemberMember
(@dennisdo)

Posted : 04/20/2013 7:36 pm

I have that same problem! In some public bathroom mirrors, my scars don't show as much which make me feel better throughout the day, but when they do show, I feel so horrible! I'm too afraid to seek treatment because I've had a bad experience with a peeling treatment which made me break out with a gazillion whiteheads. Meanwhile, I'm just going to try to lessen the appearance. I found a youtube video made by a makeup artist and his trick is to use a circular motion with the foundation brush (it's more about visible pores but I guess it could also work on some scars):

I've also heard to keep the area matte, as shinyness tends to make them more visible.

I've also heard that great makeup artists can make it as if you don't have acne scars. It's amazing to say the the least.

To the OP, depending on which scar you have, I'd say that it's likely treatable at home without costing too much money. Head to the scar section or if you want, just PM me 🙂

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 04/20/2013 10:17 pm

I've also heard that great makeup artists can make it as if you don't have acne scars. It's amazing to say the the least.

To the OP, depending on which scar you have, I'd say that it's likely treatable at home without costing too much money. Head to the scar section or if you want, just PM me smile.png

I agree! I am treating my scars at home using Derma roller and MSM lotion. I heard these are good for acne scars. So far, I see improvements, but still there.