Notifications
Clear all

17Yr/male Accutane Log (Pics)

MemberMember
(@byeacne123)

Posted : 04/18/2013 7:56 am

Hi guys, let me tell my story. I had acne since I was 12, however it was very mild - typical teenager acne, one spot here, one there etc. This however changed in October 2011 where I started breaking out like never before, there breakout would become in red marks after they healed. From there on my skin has been moderate, with lots of hyperpigmentation. I've tried antibiotics, several topic treatments, nothing has cleared me, I mean my acne is like, my skin will stay clear (NO SPOTS BUT WITH HYPERPIGMENTATION) for about 2 days and i'll start breaking out again.

Anyway, I just want to have clear skin once and for all and stop worrying and thinking about my face 24/7 and worry about things that actually matter.

Today, I had my first dermatologist appointment, and he didn't even hesitate to prescribe me Roaccutane (UK). He has put me on a 20mg once a day and he also gave me Erythromycin Antibiotioc 250mg to take twice a day. He said this is going to minimize the ''flare up of acne''. Is this safe?

I weight 75kg isn't it 20mg a day too low?, also he has given me a prescription for 2 months? and I read here that dermatologists can only prescribe enough pills for one month at a time?

Have you guys any tips for me as in what should i be using? I currently am using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and Cetaphil Moisturing Lotion. I'm going to buy some blistex tomorrow for my lips is there anything else i should use?

I will post some pictures tomorrow, any replies will be appreciated

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/18/2013 7:39 pm

Yeah well you wont be 'attractive' once your all dried out and you start losing your hair...

the effects of the drug are long lasting and your acne has a 90% chance of returning anyhow.

Worth it? I think not.

MemberMember
(@tane007)

Posted : 04/19/2013 3:21 am

i weigh 70kg and im on 20mg a day and my derm gave me 60 pills too. But i think they are just packaged like that for those who take 40mg a day, then they would take two 20mg pills a day, so the packet of 60 lasts one month. After one month i believe our dosage will be raised.

MemberMember
(@byeacne123)

Posted : 04/22/2013 4:09 pm

Day 5. I noticed my skin is redder since day 3 is this normal? also my skin is peeling already at day 5? is this ok? i've been moisturising with cetaphil moisturising lotion twice a day i don't know what is happening? thanks for anyone who can give me an answer

MemberMember
(@tane007)

Posted : 04/23/2013 9:02 am

yeah i got drier skin pretty quickly. I dont even use my cetaphil because when my skin flakes off the scars become less noticeable.

MemberMember
(@miumiu)

Posted : 04/24/2013 4:41 pm

You should stock up on different types of moisturizers, you'll need it for face and hands. I love Avene Skin Recovery Cream and Aqueous (cheaper). Flaking is good, it means your scars will be faded :D. I use a washcloth to exfoliate my skin and lips everyday. You could try it but only gently at first to see if your skin can tolerate it.

If you'd like to wear MU to cover up during the day, spray Avene or Evian mineral water on your face after cleansing and put moisturizer on while it's still wet. Wait until it's dry, or blot off with tissues and put your makeup on. My skin is extremely oily, even when I'm on Accutane, it can't soak up moisturizer like normal/dry skin does wacko.png

MemberMember
(@rb48)

Posted : 04/26/2013 12:21 pm

Yeah well you wont be 'attractive' once your all dried out and you start losing your hair...

the effects of the drug are long lasting and your acne has a 90% chance of returning anyhow.

Worth it? I think not.

The drying doesn't totally destroy your skin if you have a good moisturizer, and its about a 90% chance it won't come back. My face was dry, but not painfully dry or red, I didn't put stuff on my lips for a while so that actually got painful since they started craking and peeling

MemberMember
(@byeacne123)

Posted : 05/04/2013 4:19 am

hello guys im now on day 16 and the redness has subsided by 90%.. the first week was hell. Currently I haven't got any actives, they are all healing I just a ton of blocked pores which is 'purging'.. can't wait for them to go away!

As of side effects.. my face is still peeling but nothing unmanageable. Lips are fine.. I'm using tons of blistex just in case, apart from this I feel just normal.

Should I expect improvements in these blocked pores in the next week or so??

MemberMember
(@jayjaybee)

Posted : 05/05/2013 4:53 am

Hey man, I'm literally in exactly the same situation as you. 17, Male, 20mg/day. I've been on it for nearly 5 weeks now, a lot of my clogged pores have gone but I would say my skin is far from perfect. I've never had cystic acne on my face, but on my back it's now 95% clear. Watch out for eye dryness, for four weeks my eyes were fine and then about a week ago my eyes were horrible, hard to focus, etc. If that happens, ask the pharmacist for 'Artificial Tears'. Good luck.