Notifications
Clear all

Help! Sudden Dry/bumpy/itchy Skin (Picture)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/18/2013 4:15 am

I had actually recently thought I was "clear" - had been using the Regimen for just about 2.5 months now. Obviously I have a lot of hyperpigmentation (asian skin) but as far as pimples went, I was clear for about a week!

I break out during my time of the month so I had a couple pimples, nothing out of the ordinary there. But then my skin was starting to get crazy itchy for some reason and it started getting really dry? I thought maybe there was something in my bedsheets so I washed them all but the itch is still there. I haven't changed anything in my routine other than my sleeping pattern. It's exams for me right now so I guess I'm a little stressed and haven't been getting enough sleep? But I mean I've had stressful periods with little sleep while on my time of the month and this has never happened before so...I don't know what to do.

It's only my left cheek that's gotten weirdly bumpy though. Like, there's 1 pimple in there but the rest just feel like BUMPS and I can't explain it?? The skin feels super sensitive when I try to exfoliate it since it feels so dry and I've tried to use a little less BP on that area than usual since I'm afraid it will dry out even more....but I just don't know what to do. :(

Any advice would be appreciated!

post-200206-0-37968100-1366276298_thumb.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/18/2013 4:04 pm

I actually think it's gotten worse today 'cause even more dry and it's spread down to my jawline. It's not as itchy but it's even bumpier and it doesn't even feel like my skin. It just feels like I have a whole chunk of dead skin sitting on my face or something and it's just drying out no matter how much moisturiser I put on or water that I drink. :( Desperately looking for advice!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/18/2013 5:22 pm

Do not exfoliate, please. That will just cause more irritation. It looks like it very well may be an allergic reaction or chemical burn. Take a break from the regimen and if it clears up, then you know that you are a wee bit sensitive to BP

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/18/2013 7:43 pm

I didn't think it was possible for me to be sensitive to BP? Considering I've used it prior to the regimen for years now and I've been using Dan's BP at a steady amount for the last couple of weeks too. :s

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/20/2013 5:15 am

why dont u visit a derma?

please do.

not all skin are same..so please get a personlised treatment.

did u ever visit one btw?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/20/2013 7:58 pm

No i haven't visited a dermatologist. The dkr was kinda like my last shot and I was thinking maybe after that I would finally go visit one?

I just haven't left my house in years without makeup on lol and I get really bad anxiety thinking about it :( So I think I just been tiptoeing around it really..

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/21/2013 1:45 pm

make up on the skin condtn u have isnt helping darling.

i think u must go to a dermatologist.

better not take any risk.

u can talk things out with her/him.