The Regimen - Gener...

Notifications
Clear all

The Regimen - General Problem During The Summer Months Because Of Bpo (Exfoliation), Sun And Sunscreen

MemberMember
(@xyz1)

Posted : 04/16/2013 5:34 am

Hi,

I'm male and I have a lot of small whiteheads with the size of a small pinhead.

These small whiteheads are underneath my skin for several days or weeks, until a small white and tight globule (which contains the tallow) comes to the surface and fells of.

This would lead to an increased pore which will shrink more or less over the next couple of months.

I'm from outside the US and in my country I cant order the products from Acne.org.

But I tried some kind of the Regimen within the last couple of months with the following products which are available in my country and have been recommended by local acne message boards:

BPO:

- Product: Cordes BPO 3%

- Ingredients (per 1g): 0.03g Benzoyl Peroxide, 0.1g Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Cleaned Water

- Applied: Once a day in the evening

Moisturizer:

- Product: Benevi Hydroderm Gesichtsfluid

- Non comedogenic: Yes (according to the packaging leaflet)

- Ingredients: Aqua, PEG-6 Stearate, Parafinum Liquidum, Dimethicone, PEG-40, Stearate, Sodium Citrate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Citric Acid, Disodium Edta

- Applied: Once a day in the evening

Cleanser:

- Product: Imex Syndet

- Non comedogenic: Yes

- Ingredients: Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauryl, Sulfate, Triticum Vulgare, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Lactic Acid, Panthenol, Allantoin, Parfum, C.I. 77891, Disodium, Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate

- Applied: Once a day in the evening (only when skin was not too dry already)

Cream:

- Product: Nivea For Men Revitalisierende Gesichtspflege Neue Energie Q10 (=Nivea For Men Face Care Revitalizing Q10 New Energy)

- Non comedogenic: Yes (according to an email Ive sent to the manufacturer)

- Ingredients: N/A

- Applied: Once a day in the evening when skin was very dry (instead of moisturizer mentioned above)

The results with these products were pretty good, I almost had none of these pimples anymore.

However, this was during the winter months were my skin is very dry in general, so I could apply a lot of moisturizer or cream.

I also exfoliated a lot because of the BPO.

But during the summer months my skin is oily and I sweat a lot which will lead to more of these whiteheads.

Based on my understanding it's not recommended to use BPO during the summer months without sunscreen due to the exfoliated skin which could lead to serious sun damage.

My problem is that I cant imagine to apply sunscreen every day in the morning and leave it on there for the entire day.

Ive already tested two non comedogenic sunscreens but I have the feeling they lead to more whiteheads / pimples.

With sunscreen and cream in general my face looks very greasy and neglected, and the whiteheads / pimples, enlarged pores and small scars are also more visible.

The drier my skin is the better it looks...

As I mentioned, I sweat a lot and with sunscreen I always have the feeling theres a kind of layer on my skin which leads to more sweat because the skin cant breath.

What should I do?

Thanks and best regards!

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 04/16/2013 11:30 am

Hey there... You may want to check the approved over the counter regimen products to ensure you are using the appropriate products to perform the regimen. Also, you may want to check with regimen users overseas to see what products are the closest substitutions for approved regimen products across the pond. What country are you from? We have thousands of regimen users overseas in the Store brand Regimen supplies forum that may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress... :)