Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amberlamps

Methods To Correct Red Marks?

I've had acne since I was like 14. It really didn't get too bad till I turned 15 though. Now I'm 16 and it has mostly cleared up cept for about 3 zits on my cheeks.

Sadly im left with a bunch of red marks all across my forehead, my cheeks, and my jawline. Even though I'm a pretty good lookin dude, the marks make me look sick, tired, and depressed. Sucks major bunghole. I know that if the marks cleared up I'd look great but for now I gotta look for a fix for my red marks.

I have tried some creams to help but they didn't work. Instead, I want to try a more effective treatment such as a chemical peel or laser correction. I know that they are supposed to go away over time but after 4 months without any signs of improvement, I'm kind of impatient. Any suggestions?

P.s. I don't have any ice pick scars or texture changes in my skin. Just a bunch of red marks and a couple of brown dots.

Well as you said ,it does take time, I have them all over my cheeks.

I was going for a V-beam (PDL laser) but my doctor said it's not avabile yet instead she recommended an IPL.

IPL is a good alternative ,but if you could get the PDL it will help you more.

You said you have brown dots , that means it's hyperpigmentation so if you have both red marks and brown ,it's best if you chose the IPL as V-beam will only take care of the red ones.

we need to know what's ur routine like? and what u've tried till now?

do u have scars or just marks?