Notifications
Clear all

Pimples Blackheads Need Help

MemberMember
(@rypejakten)

Posted : 04/06/2013 9:40 am

Hello.

I have had acne for too long, i remember when i was a little kid i didn't have a single pimple in my face my skin was perfect.

I don't have my face full of pimples but it's enough to make me turn away when someone talks to me.

I also have blackheads on my nose that makes me even more uncomfortable i try to not think of it but i really want to get rid of everything and have the same skin i had when i was a kid.

I have small bumps in my face that i think has been a pimple before but it's not red anymore if i squueze it the same stuff comes out and there is to many of them for me to handle.

Even if i got rid of some of the pimples the bumps are still there they are not very big.

I forgot to mention i also have body acne i have tried so hard to get rid of this stuff and i'm sick and tired of it i don't know what to do anymore.

Concerns:
when trying to get rid of blackheads i have seen that it leaves holes in the nose......

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/06/2013 10:04 am

What you think are blackheads on your nose probably are not blackheads, they are sebaceous filaments. Are you thinking every pore on your nose is a blackhead? Some people just have larger pores and they are more noticeable, so stop trying to push them out, they are there to stay! It's sebum in the skin, as you get older, your body will naturally produce less oil, but they are not a form of acne.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 04/06/2013 10:52 pm

What melmel stated is correct. What you think are blackheads on the nose are probably really sebaceous filaments. You can try to extract them but they will come back. I know, I have them.

MemberMember
(@rypejakten)

Posted : 04/07/2013 10:15 am

What melmel stated is correct. What you think are blackheads on the nose are probably really sebaceous filaments. You can try to extract them but they will come back. I know, I have them.

No they are in fact blackheads, i have checked it.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/07/2013 1:04 pm

I don't think blackheads will leave holes in your nose. I wouldn't worry about that. But for your main problem, you could try using a salicylic acid cleanser, and see if that works.

MemberMember
(@rypejakten)

Posted : 04/07/2013 5:51 pm

I don't think blackheads will leave holes in your nose. I wouldn't worry about that. But for your main problem, you could try using a salicylic acid cleanser, and see if that works.

I do not know what a salicylic acid cleanser is.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/07/2013 9:03 pm

Any cleanser with 2-3% salicylic acid.

Here's a page discussing various cleansers:

http://acne.about.com/od/cleansing/tp/BargainSalicylicAcidCleansers.htm