Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Cure

MemberMember
(@bigdaddy27)

Posted : 04/04/2013 8:41 pm

Well, it's been approximately three months since I began taking a supplement for a recurring lifetime battle with acne and I'm thrilled to say I believe I've finally conquered my demon. Let me begin with I'm a 51 year old male who has battled persistent acne since 9th grade. I used all sorts of topical products over the years with only minimal results. Food it seems always was a triggering mechanism for my acne. Believe me, I've suffered both mentally and physically with this problem for decades. Now to what has virtually cured me literally overnight. While viewing one of these forums started by a user by the name winged serpent he suggested something called Acetyl-L- Carnitine which I buy in 500 mg form and take one capsule per day. It's supposed to process the fats out of food before they get a chance to come out to the skin and form acne. Well I'm so pleased to say this has worked for me 100 percent. Along with the Alcar I take a B6 supplement also in 500 milligram form. Since I've started this supplement and noticed how well and fast it began to work I decided to test it out. I've eaten every acne triggering food in excess over the last three months with not one break out and to the point I've gained 20 pounds lol. I'm not a doctor and and can't tell you what short or long term side effects taking these supplements could do to you. Do your own research. I just felt I had to pay this information forward. I've finally conquered my demon and couldn't be happier. Good luck on your journey.

MemberMember
(@bsider)

Posted : 04/04/2013 10:34 pm

While viewing one of these forums started by a user by the name winged serpent he suggested something called Acetyl-L- Carnitine which I buy in 500 mg form and take one capsule per day. It's supposed to process the fats out of food before they get a chance to come out to the skin and form acne. Well I'm so pleased to say this has worked for me 100 percent. Along with the Alcar I take a B6 supplement also in 500 milligram form. Since I've started this supplement and noticed how well and fast it began to work I decided to test it out.

Thanks for sharing your success story! I had a couple questions:

- Did you notice any change in your skin oiliness after taking Alcar?

- Why do you also take Vitamin B6?

MemberMember
(@bigdaddy27)

Posted : 04/05/2013 7:19 am

@BSider, first let me apologize for a typo. It's the B5 supplement I take with the Alcar. B5 goes under the name Pantothenic Acid. As with the Alcar I take the B5 at the advice of winged serpent. Only being into this process three months I haven't experimented yet coming off B5 to see if I really need it. Perhaps I will in the future. As far as the oily skin, I would definitely say skin is much less oily. It's to the point where I feel I don't even have to wash my face (which I always do anyway) in order to avoid blemishes. And I'm completely off my Neutrogena 3step skin product I was using. It's really turned my world around. It's a shame I had to suffer to this age. I feel so good about this supplement (Acetyl-L-Carnitine) that I wish everyone would try it. If you decide to try it please send me some feedback as I'd be very interested in hearing your story. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@bsider)

Posted : 04/05/2013 8:31 pm

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm currently experimenting with NAC and Milk Thistle. If they don't work out, I'll give Acetyl-L-Carnitine and B5 a try and let you know if there are successful results.