Notifications
Clear all

How To Stop Forming Cyst?

MemberMember
(@tyrean)

Posted : 04/04/2013 7:37 pm

Hi everyone,

So I currently see a decent sized cyst forming on my left cheek, it's already really red and I'd love to lower it if I can at all by this weekend since it's my 21st bday :(. I read that some people dab benzoyl peroxide 2.5% directly on the forming cyst and leave it on overnight, could this help? Any other recommendations you guys could offer? It's not like this is the only acne i'm dealing with, it's just that this is the most prominent right now and it hasn't even formed :(.

Side Note: I am on accutane right now, on my second month. So don't know if that changes anything about the benzoyl peroxide or not.. I know I used to use toothpaste on skin and that didn't burn my face or anything

Thanks a lot in advance!!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 04/04/2013 8:27 pm

Ice it using a ziplock bag or something and use a retinoid

MemberMember
(@tyrean)

Posted : 04/04/2013 10:20 pm

Will do. Gonna also apply some 100% tea tree oil, I'm sure it can't hurt

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@natalie411)

Posted : 04/05/2013 4:26 am

Hi everyone,

So I currently see a decent sized cyst forming on my left cheek, it's already really red and I'd love to lower it if I can at all by this weekend since it's my 21st bday sad.png. I read that some people dab benzoyl peroxide 2.5% directly on the forming cyst and leave it on overnight, could this help? Any other recommendations you guys could offer? It's not like this is the only acne i'm dealing with, it's just that this is the most prominent right now and it hasn't even formed sad.png.

Side Note: I am on accutane right now, on my second month. So don't know if that changes anything about the benzoyl peroxide or not.. I know I used to use toothpaste on skin and that didn't burn my face or anything

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Rub banana peel

MemberMember
(@soulivan7)

Posted : 04/05/2013 1:21 pm

Get an Ice cube and wrap it in a tissue and hold it on there for about 15 minutes!

MemberMember
(@edwardblackcat)

Posted : 04/05/2013 5:29 pm

i used to get steroid shots from my dermatologist in them - they actually helped for a few days - not permanently. eventually it would reform. It helped make it go down a bit and then I used makeup to cover it. Happy birthday - I feel your pain.

MemberMember
(@theswampcelt)

Posted : 04/06/2013 12:38 am

Aw. :( That's the worst, Tyrean. I'm just getting over such a cyst myself. The inevitability of the forming stage is the worst!

On the topic of BP, yes, a lot of people use it topically. I just started a few weeks ago to use a wash (was using some heavier stuff before that--tazorac), but applying a standard BP 2.5% cream like you mentioned should be fine, like Dan recommends after cleansing. Will it help a cyst like in this scenario? I'm not sure. I used a washed every night on this guy and I'm quite tempted to say it helped, but obviously not as drastically as to be readily apparent.

A product I found helpful for treating cysts is the topical anti-infection cream Aczone. Unfortunately it is prescription only, I believe. But it's worth a google search. It seems to take longer for the cyst to break and clear, but it is much less angry and after even as short as a day of topical Aczone becomes hardly painful at all.

A note on the tea tree oil--beware, it can definitely hurt. NEVER use tea tree oil at 100% strength, always dilute. It will burn you something fierce! Believe me I know from personal experience. :) Here's a link [Removed] I found real quick on diluting. Hope it helps!

I know it seems like that sucker will last forever, but it will pass, and things will get better. Keep your chin up. We're rooting for you! :)