Notifications
Clear all

What Can I Do With My Redness And Uneven Skin? With Pics.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:11 am

Hey can anyone tell me what I can do with my red marks, redness and general uneven skin. Im pretty sure i have serb dermatis also, which makes my redness much worse.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:26 am

Hey can anyone tell me what I can do with my red marks, redness and general uneven skin. Im pretty sure i have serb dermatis also, which makes my redness much worse.

Thanks

Have you tried using AHA? It's really good at taking away flaky skin and also it helps with red marks and some acne scarring. I use a Glycolic Acid gel on my face every 3-4 days. I mix it with a really good moisturizer and slather it on my face. It really helps tone down the redness.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 04/01/2013 7:41 am

hey nicmic62,

Firstly, thanks for your reply,

i have tried AHA, however haven't had much success, im really trying to cut down on things i put onto my skin atm because i think im just irritating it more... Im just using a mild cleanser and moisturiser at night and sunscreen in the day, however use BP every other night...

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/01/2013 9:09 am

i've similar problem.

although i think the cause is different.

*Moderator edit*

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 04/01/2013 11:16 pm

hey aanabil,

Perhaps its due to too much irritation??, however your skin looks pretty good non the less :)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/02/2013 1:38 pm

hey aanabil,

Perhaps its due to too much irritation??, however your skin looks pretty good non the less smile.png

hello

dont think its for irritation..like i've mentioned its the dryness that darkens the skin.

if yr skin is too dry(it kinda cracks) and that apparently causes it to darken..u must have seen such dark skin patches on ur arms or legs..when in winters when u moisturise.

mine was extreme...it was a side effect of isotroin.which reduces size of oil glands.and i dint moisturise at all.

what do u think urs is?

is it for irritation?

i just read abt b.

bp is harsh.

u use it for acne right?

what % ??

i use bp for spot treatment(3%).it darkens that place..but regains its colour after i stop using it.

btw,i use saslic salicylic foaming face wash(1%) twice a day.

as prescribed my my derma.

how's ur acne?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 04/05/2013 7:21 am

i think mine is irritation from many years of BP use. I did use it for acne 2.5 %, i still have acne now, however not too bad.... i really trying to cut down on the thing i put on my skin. I beleive bp slows the skin natural healing rate also, even though there is no medical evidince for this. You should try perhaps apple cider vinegar as a topical, some people on here swear by it....

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/05/2013 3:05 pm

yes,please do spot treatment with bp.bp is a big problem for those like us.

whenever i apply bp over a skin surface like a gel(spread it that is)..that whole area becomes reddish/brownish.

stop bp and see for about 2-3 weeks(1 mnth may be!).

also,did u talk abt using salicylic face wash?

(with ur derma).

use tea tree oil for soothing ur skin.i've never used it but they say its great.

i already use a aha(1%) wash and 2 ointements(clingard - clindamycin phosphate AND BP).

i hardly have time to use anything else u know.

its a lil' difficult.

btw,i have zevit.i think it does help.

what i dnt ask are u under any regimen now?

whats ur life like?(i hope not stressful)

whats ur diet and supplements like?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 04/08/2013 9:20 am

aanabill,

I am at the stage now where i really dont know if i should use BP anymore, it does help with active acne however, it comes with a price as you know. I use AHA+ every couple of days also. My life can be stressful as i am studying however I think i get more stressed and frustrated at my skin than anything else, my diet is ok, however i have been experimenting lately to see if anything helps- or causes a reaction, i would be releived if i could find out what is going on, lol.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/08/2013 12:54 pm

aanabill,

I am at the stage now where i really dont know if i should use BP anymore, it does help with active acne however, it comes with a price as you know. I use AHA+ every couple of days also. My life can be stressful as i am studying however I think i get more stressed and frustrated at my skin than anything else, my diet is ok, however i have been experimenting lately to see if anything helps- or causes a reaction, i would be releived if i could find out what is going on, lol.

hey!

yes,i think we should skip using bp at the moment and see what next!

actually i was just thinking abt it this morning..i use bp on the small bumps or whitehead(which am not sure are whiteheads..i mean u know these are white sharp heads on my cheek and not as concentrated in one place as whiteheads usually are.also the they are kinda pointed and the base looks sort of reddish if not red.)

now that i think of it..may be it's the bp that i use on them make them redder and more noticeable.

so i've decided to stop it for now.

i anyway use clingard(clindamycin phosphate gel) which i dnt think is as harsh or reddening as bp is.

its suppose to fight bacteria just like bp but bp.(although bp is much more active in terms of attacking..cause it's so strong)

psychological issues always remains with us..most of us that is.

u know my cousin had had bad acne for years..since her teenage(i never had it bad enough till i turned abt 17-18 and underwent massive breakdown both personally n professionally).she never used meds or worries at all.

all she did was take some med/ointment for her back acne (years ago) which were big cystic ones and i suppose painful.

now she's all clear.all by herself.she dint do anything.

(and thats saying something because she's still got issues with periods and mild pcos).

i think u should try out what diet suits u best.

i cant omit carbs.wheat,sugar completely.

i hardly have sugar actually.

may be 1-2 teaspoon a day..that too in curries and home-made dishes for am an indian.

i have fruits..but that natural sugar doesnt count for me either.

i have white rice and wheat roti everyday.i live with my parents and its not possible for me to make drastic changes.

do u have lemon water?cinnamon?

u can go through my blog posts(which are kinda pasted from diffrnt links) if u need.

aana

i suddenly feel low for i my face was better a few days ago..now am getting these sharp heads on my cheeks.

damn!

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 04/15/2013 11:05 pm

I wouldn't drop BP, I have the same issue; not a single acne pimple but some redness left. I started using BP every 2-3 days and I am using Finacea twice a day (not harsh, natural and made for acne/redness).

I'm having good results, but still not perfect (only been 3 weeks so far).

Vbeam/Finacea is probably the answer you are looking for, and Finacea can be bought online since it's not a prescription in Austrlia, took around 10 days for shipping.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 04/17/2013 7:37 am

Hey grubby, im glad to hear that finacea has helped you, i havent heard of this product before. Has the finacea helped alot with redness? also how much is it and where did you get it from online? Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/17/2013 7:57 am

what % of bp is it?

see bp is bp.

it could be 2% or 10 %..strength may differ but the basic composition and its overall effect on ur skin shouldn't.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 04/21/2013 8:38 pm

Hey aanabill,

The BP i use is the recommended 2.5%, i agree, however i am still totally convinced that bp affect the natural healing process of the skin, and makes red marks persist.

MemberMember
(@someonefromabove)

Posted : 05/17/2013 11:45 pm

This is a very mild demodex infection, bro

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 05/20/2013 6:28 pm

If it is a demodex condition, Tea Tree Oil, 50%, is very effective on demodex and will kill them in minutes.

The research is in a .pdf at this link: http://bjo.bmj.com/content/89/11/1468.short

50% Tea Tree Oil might burn your skin though, or make your eyes bloodshot, so use it carefully and be prepared to wash it off fast if your skin is sensitive.

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 05/22/2013 9:53 pm

Your skin looks a lot like mine (except mine is worst:p). It's the same places as me, but I have more (also I have them on the nose and sometimes on the cheeks close to the nose). What kind of acne is this?

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 05/25/2013 10:39 pm

Hey,thanks for the replies

Tom Busby I have used tea tree oil for a week, however its not very effective with the redness. They are pretty much flat red spots, however can get very inflamed, and still haven't figured out why... i have completely dropped BP 2.5% about a month ago, just caused more irritation.

I am seeing alot of flaky skin also almost like small excess skin on the pores- i am leaning more towards serb derm.

MemberMember
(@ms18)

Posted : 05/26/2013 11:35 pm

My face looks just like yours but worse i have some really bad scars and i still have a little active acne but my face is SO red everywhere even where i havent broke out in months its really anoying and makes my overall acne/face look worse. Has anything helped my derm said it's inflamed but its been like this for months i use a cerave gentle cleanser morning and night along with differin at night time. I also use cerave moisturizer and a sunscreen during the day and avoid the sun.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 05/27/2013 5:21 am

Ms18- Im sorry to hear brother- Have you specifically figured out what it is? And what products did you use in the past? I honestly am avoiding irritation and using mild cleasers atm. But still i get flare up for no reason- very frustrating. I also avoid getting sunburnt also, it can make flare ups worse. Process of illimination unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@ms18)

Posted : 05/30/2013 12:07 am

Ms18- Im sorry to hear brother- Have you specifically figured out what it is? And what products did you use in the past? I honestly am avoiding irritation and using mild cleasers atm. But still i get flare up for no reason- very frustrating. I also avoid getting sunburnt also, it can make flare ups worse. Process of illimination unfortunately.

I haven't i feel like its been a little worse and it gets even worse when i exercise and start to break a sweat. I'm on antibiotics right now i'm not sure if that might be causing some of it but it has been there even before i was on the antibiotics. I am very gentle with my skin and only use mild cleansers and i don't ever go out during the day to avoid the sun. I'm going to ask my derm again at our next follow up. Let me know if you figure out whats causing it

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 06/02/2013 6:34 pm

Ok, so i have done some research and just brought some Sudocrem made from a water base zinc oxide 15.25%. I have read alot of positive results form this topical for serb dermatitis and acne and thought id give it a go (although i have learnt not to get my hopes up on products anymore). So basically i put it on my inflamed red skin last night before bed, it is very white solution, and woke up today, and my redness and marks have been reduced at least 50% already. Nothing has worked this well for me in a long time. Even the very stubborn red marks have been minimised. So if anyone does experience what i have, please give Sudocrem a go, you can get it from most pharmacies or supermarkets- i will keep my results posted.

MemberMember
(@realwoman)

Posted : 06/02/2013 7:49 pm

Vitamin e oil will be highly effective for this considering the fact that your hyperpigmentation is very mild.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 08/11/2013 11:06 am

i think mine is irritation from many years of BP use. I did use it for acne 2.5 %, i still have acne now, however not too bad.... i really trying to cut down on the thing i put on my skin. I beleive bp slows the skin natural healing rate also, even thobpgh there is no medical evidince for this. You should try perhaps apple cider vinegar as a topical, some people on here swear by it....

Underneath32, if you think the redness is from years of bp, then I might be able to help. I used bp for about a year and a half, along with other things and the healthy part of my skin turned red. I think because bp is so strong that it kills bacteria but it also can irritate normal skin after too much use. I've been using a cleanser called clinique redness relief soothing cleanser for about 5 months now and my skin is no longer red. The cleanser is made for people who suffer with rosacea, so I gave it a whirl to see if it would help my skin heal. It's made a total difference!

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 08/11/2013 9:51 pm

i think mine is irritation from many years of BP use. I did use it for acne 2.5 %, i still have acne now, however not too bad.... i really trying to cut down on the thing i put on my skin. I beleive bp slows the skin natural healing rate also, even thobpgh there is no medical evidince for this. You should try perhaps apple cider vinegar as a topical, some people on here swear by it....

Underneath32, if you think the redness is from years of bp, then I might be able to help. I used bp for about a year and a half, along with other things and the healthy part of my skin turned red. I think because bp is so strong that it kills bacteria but it also can irritate normal skin after too much use. I've been using a cleanser called clinique redness relief soothing cleanser for about 5 months now and my skin is no longer red. The cleanser is made for people who suffer with rosacea, so I gave it a whirl to see if it would help my skin heal. It's made a total difference!

Thanks SunnySarah! I will look into it, at the moment i have found a reasonably good balance of BP that does help prevent new breakouts and reduce redness, however my skin does get red out of the blue..