Notifications
Clear all

After Effects Of The Regimen

MemberMember
(@s0910)

Posted : 03/30/2013 6:23 pm

Hi all,

Just to share my story- So literally my late teens was when I developed what my Doctor called acne, to me I didn't realise as it wasn't an agressive form of acne that is pretty common among teens. Anyway of course I was open to anything to help me skin and and was soon prescribed onto the Yasmin pill. My acne did clear, but I hated taking the pills and soon enough just the thought of swallowing one more pill made me feel sick and with suffering the awful side effects that come with the pill I decided that was enough of that.

After youtubing I came across this product and I am just finshing my first week with this product. I followed the Regimen carefully and my face seemed to be clearing up well without it feeling too dry or sore but of course I was only a few days into the product - I had only been applying the Benzoyl peroxide at night as suggested. I recently went on a night out and missed out on my nightly routine, I woke up with sore red skin, as soon as I came home I tried to soothe it with the moisterizer. Since then my nose and around my mouth area is really tight and sore, perhaps a little like sunburn. Is this just my skin getting used to the Benzoyl peroxide? I have always looked after my skin which is why I find it so fustrating to have acne but hey I guess I can't help hormones. All of the acne on my face as literally gone, I still have the red marks from where they way but my face feels smooth with no bumps which is great. Of course I will be keeping up with the Regimen just to make sure but where do I go from here? Do I take a break from BP? My skin is really sore!

Thanks for your time:)

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 03/30/2013 6:47 pm

I think that's a fairly normal process when starting BP....it takes some time for your skin to adapt to it, and in the early goings there will be quite a bit of redness, flakiness, and irritation. Hell, I've been using BP for several years now via epiduo, and I still get patches of flaky/red skin as a result. It's very effective for lessening the appearance of active blemishes and almost literally "burning" them down, but it has downfalls too. I usually have to use aquaphor healing ointment as a moisturizer on those "patches" to offset the harshness of BP.

Good luck with the regimen. :]

MemberMember
(@celery)

Posted : 03/30/2013 7:25 pm

I think that's a fairly normal process when starting BP....it takes some time for your skin to adapt to it, and in the early goings there will be quite a bit of redness, flakiness, and irritation. Hell, I've been using BP for several years now via epiduo, and I still get patches of flaky/red skin as a result. It's very effective for lessening the appearance of active blemishes and almost literally "burning" them down, but it has downfalls too. I usually have to use aquaphor healing ointment as a moisturizer on those "patches" to offset the harshness of BP.

What aquaphor healing ointment do you use?

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 03/30/2013 7:32 pm

What aquaphor healing ointment do you use?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=13123&catid=182979&aid=338666&aparam=goobase_filler&device=c&network=g&matchtype=

That kind^

It takes a day or two, but it's always soothed BP-related redness for me better than any other standard moisturizer I've tried.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/10/2013 7:54 pm

It can take a very long time for the skin to get used to the treatment. Just commented because you look hot. Good luck.