Notifications
Clear all

Healing Scars Effectively And Rough Skin Texture

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 03/29/2013 11:03 pm

I wrote this elsewhere and hope it helps others heal their skin.

Key tips:

Clear acne:

A) Eat alkaline vegan, wholefoods, mostly raw, organic, unprocessed natural foods: Lots of fruit & vegetables (i.e. strawberries, lemons, limes, avocado, carrot, baked potato with the jacket) and fresh juices with carrot, beetroot, apple. And Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, coriander, continental parsley etc. Superfoods like unhulled Tahini, spirulina, flaxseed oil, 100% virgin pure organic coconut oil, chia seeds, quinoa, super greens, lentils, chickpeas, tempeh, kale, chlorella, spirulina, barley grass. A good & complete multi vitamin/mineral.

B) Detox: i.e. Drink clay detox drink for a week as directed; take 1 charcoal tablet (see health food store) for a week; go to a sauna and sweat out toxins every week for a month; exercise every second or 3rd day for 1/2 hour and then at least weekly; eat coriander/ continental parsely salad with fresh lemon juice, mixed nuts/ seeds, flaxseed oil, sea salt, hummus.

C) Drink only natural alkaline spring water or fresh fruit/ vegetable juice.

D) Treat acne with natural sea salt wash with water once a day until clear. Place 100% Australian tea tree oil all over face daily to prevent break-out. Add 100% essential lavender oil to individual whiteheads (too drying to place all over skin).

E) Meditate, get sunshine daily - just don't burn (vitamin D without sunscreen), sleep in a cool and dark room and get at least 8 hours of regular sleep nightly. Do things that make you happy smile.png Surround yourself with positive, caring and supportive people!

Clear acne scarring & rough skin texture - moderate to severe: see http://www.clearskin...clinics.com.au/

A) Once you have gotten the acne under contol, start using glycolic acid peels at least weekly for a month or two. Start low i.e. 10% or 15%. If you have mature or very damaged skin, work your way over 6 months to 25%. Don't go higher or you will burn your skin. I went up to 50% and made new scars on my cheek! However, it did help my molted, severly damaged forehead skin. So stick with glycolic acid 25% or under.

B) Start skin rolling/ needling daily or weekly with safe size needle i.e. .25mm see http://www.clearskin...clinics.com.au/ . Only on damaged skin and acne free skin either night/ day or both. Just don't over do it. Give your skin a rest for a month to remodel itself and build collagen. Use Steiva-A or Retin-A at night or every other night i.e. .05% (along with Clear Skin Care's Clear Skin formulation with 2% hydroquonine...use only if you have severe brown spots/ discolouration, and only use a maximum for 2-3 months. This is a toxic substance). Use safe dermatological products with natural ingredients like niacinamide B3 for pigmentation (i.e. Meladerma etc). In the morning, gently skin roll/ needle and add copper serum by Clear Skin Care. Your skin will go red but after one week of using the Steive-A and Copper serum with skin needling, your skin will start to remodel, pores will shrink and scars will start to heal over DRAMATICALLY! Keep doing this for a number of months until skin completely heals. You can use Retin-A/ Steiva-A at night and Copper Serum in the morning every WEEK or so often as general maintenance. DON'T USE GLYCOLIC ACID OR OTHER PEELS WHILE YOU ARE USING STEIVA A/ RETIN A. IT COULD DAMAGE YOUR SKIN!!!! Reassess your skin night and day and ensure products used are improving your skin or else STOP USING THEM IMMEDIATELY!!!

UPDATE May 2013: STOP USING GLYCOLIC ACID PEELS WHEN YOU USE RETIN-A. THEY SHOULD NEVER BE USED TOGETHER. YOU SHOULD ONLY USE GLYCOLIC PEELS AFTER YOUR SKIN HAS HEALED ONCE A YEAR OR EVERY TWO YEARS (AND ONLY IF YOU THINK IT'S NECESSARY. OTHERWISE TRY BETA GLUCAN). GLYCOLIC PEELS ARE POWERFUL AND YOU SHOULD START ON A VERY LOW STRENGTH. IF YOU START TOO STRONG OR USE IT TOO OFTEN, YOU CAN SCAR OR BURN YOUR SKIN. ALSO, ADD BETA GLUCAN TO YOUR SKIN TO HELP HEAL IT AFTER THE PEEL.IF YOU DON'T HAVE SEVERE SCARS, DON'T USE GLYCOLIC ACID.

C) If you have deep scars or wrinkles, get the smallest safety pin you can. Wash it under hot water. Then on a clean face, use a mirror in good natural light to start pricking your deep scars and wrinkles gently but enough to let very small droplets of blood to form. Leave a little space between the pricking so you don't prick the entire site. This allows some skin to remain in tact and encourage better, more even healing. Do this when you have 3 days free so the small scabs can form and naturally fall off. Don't pick off the small scabs or you wil cause more scarring.

D) Use Hyaluronic acid as a daily moisteriser. Use beta glucan liquid from New Directions. Or look for a natural, non-clogging light oil/ 100% natural vegan moisturiser.

E) Use lots of pure 100% vitamin e under your eyes to prevent wrinkles/ heal wrinkles. Use morning and night and you won't get under eye wrinkles!

F) IMPORTANT UPDATE MAY:

1 **Aloe Vera and Marine Collagen Rejuvenating Moisturizer $7.15 (100mls) http://shop.newdirec...=41505&x=35&y=4

2 B5 ($8.80) 17 g http://shop.newdirec...53163&x=40&y=11

3 *****B3 Niacinamide15 g ($7.70) http://shop.newdirec...=53155&x=49&y=8

4. Gentle Skin Cleansing Lotion $4.40 (100mls) http://shop.newdirec...=41063&x=58&y=6

G) UPDATE: May 2013 Beta Glucan from www.newdirections.com.au is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It heals the skin from damage and rapidly strengthens the epidermis. (It also helps to heal redness/ rosacea and hospitals use it on burns patients for 1st and 2nd degree burns to heal the skin and regrow it. You can also take it in capsule form. It helps cure everything from acne to cancer!!! See Beta13DGlucan.org: A Reliable Source of Information on Beta Glucan.

Lastly, here's a blurb from a Doctor from this rosacea support group website re the efficacy of beta glucan topical:

"Hi Group,

I have put a lot of time trying to figure out what products used for burn victims might have medical applications for rosacea. So far, at the top of the list is the prescriptin strenght growth factor creams clinically test on rosacea sufferers. Excellent results. Top notch.

I have been visiting the Emergency Room at some of our sister hospitals (Clarian Health). They are using Beta-Glucan on first and second degree burns (not third). This is used for several reason:

1. An extremely potent anti-inflammatory

2. Very potent soothing qualities and abolishes burning sensations

3. Cell renewal and epidermal thickner (just as good as the 20 growth factors).

No studies on rosacea sufferers yet. But it is available. I would wait because rosacea trials by independent laboratories are on the way as they see a huge market with our disorder. I really like this product. Facial plastic surgeons have the most experience with this product and can actually show you how it immediately calms down skin redness post resurfacing procedures by placing it on one half of the face for just a few days. This will be a part of rosacea recovery in the future. Below is a short blurb.

Today, Combining history and science, oat beta-glucan renewal cell complex is available for use in both medical and cosmetic applications. Originally formulated for use in intensive burn therapy, oat beta-glucan isused worldwide to aid in the burn recovery process. From burn therapy to cosmetic surgery, oat beta-glucan is used by plastic surgeons and dermatologists to ease discomfort and assist healing of facial resurfacing procedures such as laser resurfacing, chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Today, the anti-aging oat beta-glucan renewal cell complex is a direct extension of the medical benefits derived from this proven technology."

Hope this helps you all. It has helped me tremendously.

[NB My benzoyle peroxide 'abuse' has made segments of my skin red & blotchy. I'm still trying to fix these without the use of laser. Hopefully after a few months the Steiva-A will start to heal my skin completely and the redness with completely vanish. Will keep you updated.]

Rambutan liked
MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/09/2013 8:21 am

Get it here: http://shop.newdirections.com.au/Raw-Materials-Cosmetic-Ingredients/Active-Ingredients/Beta-Glucan-Liquid-Active-Ingredients

F) UPDATE: May 2013 Beta Glucan from www.newdirections.com.au is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. It heals the skin from damage and rapidly strengthens the epidermis. (It also helps to heal redness/ rosacea and hospitals use it on burns patients for 1st and 2nd degree burns to heal the skin and regrow it. You can also take it in capsule form. It helps cure everything from acne to cancer!!! See Beta13DGlucan.org: A Reliable Source of Information on Beta Glucan.

Lastly, here's a blurb from a Doctor from this rosacea support group website re the efficacy of beta glucan topical:

"Hi Group,

I have put a lot of time trying to figure out what products used for burn victims might have medical applications for rosacea. So far, at the top of the list is the prescriptin strenght growth factor creams clinically test on rosacea sufferers. Excellent results. Top notch.

I have been visiting the Emergency Room at some of our sister hospitals (Clarian Health). They are using Beta-Glucan on first and second degree burns (not third). This is used for several reason:

1. An extremely potent anti-inflammatory

2. Very potent soothing qualities and abolishes burning sensations

3. Cell renewal and epidermal thickner (just as good as the 20 growth factors).

No studies on rosacea sufferers yet. But it is available. I would wait because rosacea trials by independent laboratories are on the way as they see a huge market with our disorder. I really like this product. Facial plastic surgeons have the most experience with this product and can actually show you how it immediately calms down skin redness post resurfacing procedures by placing it on one half of the face for just a few days. This will be a part of rosacea recovery in the future. Below is a short blurb.

Today, Combining history and science, oat beta-glucan renewal cell complex is available for use in both medical and cosmetic applications. Originally formulated for use in intensive burn therapy, oat beta-glucan isused worldwide to aid in the burn recovery process. From burn therapy to cosmetic surgery, oat beta-glucan is used by plastic surgeons and dermatologists to ease discomfort and assist healing of facial resurfacing procedures such as laser resurfacing, chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Today, the anti-aging oat beta-glucan renewal cell complex is a direct extension of the medical benefits derived from this proven technology."

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 05/16/2013 10:56 pm

Update: May 2013:

Use beta glucan liquid from New Directions (and only use b5 & B3 in a store bought dermatological product or else you may damage your skin as these vitamins are strong & can potentially damage your skin).

Another breakthrough!!!

I posted this elsewhere, but you need to try this stuff!!!:

1 Aloe Vera and Marine Collagen Rejuvenating Moisturizer $7.15 (100mls) http://shop.newdirec...=41505&x=35&y=4

2 B5 ($8.80) 17 g http://shop.newdirec...53163&x=40&y=11

3 B3 Niacinamide15 g ($7.70) http://shop.newdirec...=53155&x=49&y=8

4. Gentle Skin Cleansing Lotion $4.40 (100mls) http://shop.newdirec...=41063&x=58&y=6

"The B3 Niacinamide and the Aloe Vera and Marine Collagen from New Directions helped my severly damaged forehead skin (which looked like old leather at it's worst stage) was depleted of nutrients and blood supply since it atrophied from using Benzoyl Peroxide (and other toxic acne products prior to being vegan and eating very healthy) over many years. The skin rolling helped greatly along with the copper peptides, Retin A, vitamin e, hyaluronic acid, glycolic peels etc. However, NOTHING compares to the niacinamide (in conjunction with the Aloe Vera & Marine Collagen Moisturizer). I place a generous amount of moisturizer on my palm and the spinkle about 1/5 to 1/4 1/10 of a teaspoon of the B3 niacinamide to it and mix in my palm with my finger and slather it on (NOTE: you have to watch it go on for 1/2 hour in the mirror as little white patches appear where you need to add more moisturizer as the skin tends to drink it in...and the B3 niacinamide gently brightens and lightens your skin too...). Just keep a hand mirror beside you to check every 5 or 10 minutes over the hour to ensure that you moisturize those white patches so they don't lighten that area too much.

However, this stuff is MAGIC to sun damaged, chemical damaged, leathery coarse skin, damaged skin, orange peel skin, acne damaged skin, collagen loss skin, rosacea, red skin, pigmentation, rolling scars etc. Along with the Aloe vera + Marine Collagen moisterizer (which also contains shea butter, vitamin e, almond oil etc), it has literallly transformed my skin before my eyes. In my case, I do need to use a lot of it. And now, my skin condition's better now than it was over 10 years ago!!! I TOTALLY recommend this stuff...I also place the the B5 directly onto my skin (I tap it on because it's thick and tacky), and then add the rest. Btw, I store all these things in a paper bag in the fridge to keep them fresh.

Here are some links about Niacinamide:

http://www.skintypes...w=article&id=74

http://immortalhair....ing-photodamage

In future, I am going to keep adding nutrients/ active ingredients ... There are so many things to try now that I have seen concrete personal evidence that potent vitamins/ natural active ingredients can do WONDERS for the skin in concentrated forms. I always knew intuitively that my skin was "hungry" for nutrients but I wasn't sure what ones and didn't realize that direct topical applications of these nutrients could deliver such stunning results in a short amount of time. This is a life changing revelation for me. I hope you continue searching for solutions too...they are out there, and clear, healthy skin is within reach..."

~ Peace ~

PS SIT IN A WARM Steaming detox bath (with sea salt or epsom salts) for 45 minutes to 1 hour with a generous amount of beta glucan + B5 + Aloe Vera + Marine Collagen Moisturizer + B3 on your face (NOTE be careful with mixing the B3 powder well to the moisturizer and add about 1/8 to 1/5 1/ 10 of a teaspoon of B3 NB it can lighten your skin so test it first to see how much you need)...this will seep into your skin and work MIRACLES.!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY smile.png After bath, just wash it off and and apply a fresh amount to your skin for bedtime.