Notifications
Clear all

Oily Skin Questions

MemberMember
(@marckley)

Posted : 03/25/2013 2:38 pm

Hey ive had ance for a real long time and used alot of cleansers and they never really worked untill I started using daily face cleansers that clean off oil/dirt only when im on that do I notice a big change in less ance when ever im off its a disaster even if for a little while. But while ive been using it ive been noticing my skin is very dry but oily at the same time I only use it once a day so I dont think its over use. But my questions are.

1. I have oily skin thats lately been looking dry and oily in certain areas what can I use to get rid of the dryness but wont make my skin more oily and clog up my pores?

2. I have ance marks all over my face from having ance for so long what can I put on to even out my overall skin tone im of the black complexion. I dont really wanna brighten up skin color but even it out if that makes sense is puting coca butter on each night a good way for some one with already oily skin or what are some better alternatives?

3.My daily face wash says it has a moisturizer in it should I consider buying something specifically for moisturizing if my skin is getting dry some what from the face wash? Also can I use my daily face wash thats been working wonders and my moisturizer one after another daily?

4. Just clarification will a moisturizer help reduce the daily oil build up I have regularly already?

MemberMember
(@dearmademoiselle)

Posted : 03/25/2013 10:27 pm

1.) I'm really oily in my T-Zone and I use the Korres Pomegranate Balancing Cream-Gel. It's a little thick and makes your skin look shiny until it's absorbed, but it is made for oily skin. It really helps with any dryness I have, and helps reduce the oils in my face (which is what it's supposed to do). It also helps to reduce my pore size. I purchase it at Sephora, you have to be quick to get it, because it seems to go fast. But you can also find it online. It's a very good moisturizer, I highly recommend it.

2.) If you're looking for a foundation, try the Bare Minerals powder (you should be using a powder if you have oily skin, mineral if you're acne prone). I use the broad spectrum SPF 25. I also get this at Sephora, you can't find any dark shades on the Sephora site, but I see them in store a lot. You can likely find some darker shades online.

To reduce redness/marks/even out skin tone, I find a honey + cinnamon + nutmeg mask helps, or a baking soda mask. But a lot of us are just going to have to play the waiting game.

3.) If the face wash is drying out your skin, then yes, consider a moisturizer. I don't know anyone who's had issues using a face wash that has a moisturizer in it, then moisturizing after, to have any skin problems. It shouldn't be an issue.

4.) It depends. If you're parents are known to have oily skin, then it's really just genetics and there's not much you can do, moisturizing should help a little bit. If you're not moisturizing properly, you skin might be producing extra oils to make up for that. If you're not eating right, your skin will produce more oils.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/05/2013 9:32 pm

Hey ive had ance for a real long time and used alot of cleansers and they never really worked untill I started using daily face cleansers that clean off oil/dirt only when im on that do I notice a big change in less ance when ever im off its a disaster even if for a little while. But while ive been using it ive been noticing my skin is very dry but oily at the same time I only use it once a day so I dont think its over use. But my questions are.

1. I have oily skin thats lately been looking dry and oily in certain areas what can I use to get rid of the dryness but wont make my skin more oily and clog up my pores?

2. I have ance marks all over my face from having ance for so long what can I put on to even out my overall skin tone im of the black complexion. I dont really wanna brighten up skin color but even it out if that makes sense is puting coca butter on each night a good way for some one with already oily skin or what are some better alternatives?

3.My daily face wash says it has a moisturizer in it should I consider buying something specifically for moisturizing if my skin is getting dry some what from the face wash? Also can I use my daily face wash thats been working wonders and my moisturizer one after another daily?

4. Just clarification will a moisturizer help reduce the daily oil build up I have regularly already?

Hello

I too have oily skin, and in the winter time my skin get's exactly like you described; oily but still sort of dry and irritated. I've been using ACV for the past 6 months, and I can honestly say it made a slight dent in my oily skin, greatly evened out complexion, and it seems to have lessened redness of old acne marks.

Here is the link to the thread I made about it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/324606-flakydryoily-skin-try-this/

And as for the moisturizer, no matter what I used they made my skin oilier. The one that was the best though was CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, and I use it maybe once a month.