Notifications
Clear all

Aha Balling Up

MemberMember
(@blondentx87)

Posted : 03/10/2013 10:46 pm

I just started using AHA recently and anytime that I put the AHA on and scratch my face or lay down it balls up and flakes off has anybody found a solution to fix this problem. And before anybody says dont scratch or touch your face I know that but I usually go to bed about an half an hour or so after doing my face routine and then I end up with little balls of AHA in my bed YUCK! sick.gif

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/10/2013 10:50 pm

I just started using AHA recently and anytime that I put the AHA on and scratch my face or lay down it balls up and flakes off has anybody found a solution to fix this problem. And before anybody says dont scratch or touch your face I know that but I usually go to bed about an half an hour or so after doing my face routine and then I end up with little balls of AHA in my bed YUCK! sick.gif

First off, try not scratching your face. Second, have you tried mixing the AHA with your moisturizer? That usually keeps the flakiness at bay.

MemberMember
(@blondentx87)

Posted : 03/10/2013 10:57 pm

Like I said I already know not to touch/scratch my face!

And I have tried mixing it with the moisturizer before applying tried mixing with the jajoba before appling tried waiting until it was dry and then apply moisturizer. Pretty much I have tried every combination I can think of to try and prevent the AHA from balling up and nothing seems to help this problem!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 03/10/2013 11:28 pm

Its a common problem and I've never found a solution to it. I've just accepted that it happens and figure that as I only wear it at night its not such a big issue. I just brush it off my pillow in the morning.

I feel the benefit of AHA far outweighs the inconvenience of balling.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 03/11/2013 12:00 am

I agree with AyeAye. AHA has always done that to me as well. I do not agree with diluting it with moisturizer unless your skin absolutely cannot tolerate the 10% straight.