Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

About 2 months ago I got what I thought was a regular pimple (although bigger than the ones I usually get) but it never came to a head and just stayed the same for about a week before it decreased in size. Now its much smaller but still noticeable. It doesn't hurt, its just like a slightly raised red bump on my skin.

After a bit of google-ing, I still can't figure out what this is. Could it be a cyst that just isn't doing anything?

I read that heat can help with cysts, so I put a hot compress on it for a few minutes (heated washcloth in a plastic bag). I'm going to continue doing this once a day- do you think this will help it either decrease or come to a head?

Edited by windingwheel

I've had a few of these in the past and one at the moment.

They will go away, but they just take a long time- they seem to be full of a bit of left over material from the original infection that takes a while to drain.

I also find hot compresses are just too harsh for facial skin, & leave me with very dry skin- but if you find they help it, then go for it.