Notifications
Clear all

Receding Gums?

MemberMember
(@09eric09)

Posted : 03/01/2013 3:43 pm

Do u think accutane had anything to do with this? I was reading a post, and this guy thinks accutane caused his gum recesdion. Isnt that stretching it a little too far?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 03/01/2013 10:37 pm

Well No, if you think about it some people have dry mouth from taking accutane in which can add extra bacteria in the mouth. There posts regarding post accutaners who have had teeth and gum problems. It can be found in connective tissue disorders and people with thyroid and diabetes. In which Roche states it your sugar levels can be altered, many have experinced thyroid issues and most of the side effects listed are found in connective tissue disorders. Also if it thins the skin, and you brush hard ????

I mean the drug is known to make some peoples hair curly who had straight hair prior to accutane odd, but true!

MemberMember
(@09eric09)

Posted : 03/01/2013 10:58 pm

Yea I guess you can't really be surprised with anything. It just amazes me more and more everyday how damaging this drug can be.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 04/18/2013 9:35 pm

Im a dental nurse/technician.

Dry mouth and poor brushing technique are what cause gum recession.

Get the biotine mouth wash and gel for dry mouth ( not that it helps much but its better than nothing)

The other effect from dry mouth is enamel erosion.

Get some GC tooth mousse and use it daily.

Im sorry, but theres not much else that can be done or help the lack of saliva production.