Notifications
Clear all

Best Approach To Healing Fine Lines/wrinkles/skin Creases

MemberMember
(@parallax-dreams)

Posted : 02/27/2013 8:54 am

My issue may not be a typical one, I'm not sure. I'm a 26 year old male, so this may seem odd to be posting (due to my age, not gender), but you know how genetically some people are prone to having forehead creases on their skin simply because when they express themselves and raise/furrow/shift their brows, the skin bunches up?

Well I've noticed that as I've gotten older the skin there shows the slight lines. I know my grandfather had this. Other people (my fiance) have nothing - smaller forehead I'm assuming?

I wanted to know if anyone has any method to combat or slow this. I'm going to assume there are a few answers, and anyone who reads this can chime in to tell me if I have the right idea, or if I'm way off base.

1) Keep skin moisturized. I haven't typically needed a moisturizer 'cause I'm half Italian and my skin is relatively oily. The thing is, I'm noticing the my nose/inner cheek area has larger pores due to clogging with black heads over the years, so I never use a moisturizer after I apply BP on this area (Dan's 2.5%), but my forehead doesn't seem to suffer from too much oil. This leads me to believe that perhaps I should be making sure to use moisturizer on that area 1-2x a day, especially if I apply BP there. Typically I don't use BP on my forehead, since I really don't have much there in way of acne.

2) Assuming that I should be using something there, what should it be? I had a few things in mind:

a) AHA - I noticed it says it's good for fine lines and wrinkles and that it has a smoothing effect. Would I be on the right track if I started massaging this into my forehead for a minute or two each morning and/or night?

b) Cocoa Butter - the panacea of skin and scar issues! Not really, but it's always touted as being awesome. I actually apply it 2x a day (AM/PM) to my stretch marks that I got over the years, mainly on my deltoids, hips, and some on my stomach (from binging for a year and getting lazy - thanks depression). So far no idea if it's working for those, but would it be a good thing to use on my forehead in this case?

c) Dan's Moisturizer - I have 2-3 bottles of it from getting a few auto-ship kits when I started with Acne.org over a year or two ago. I never really used most of them, since I didn't feel the need to. I can always just use this and skip the above two, or do a combination.

Whew! Sorry for the lengthy post - anyone feel like giving some input?

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 02/27/2013 10:49 am

retin a for sure!

MemberMember
(@parallax-dreams)

Posted : 03/01/2013 8:37 pm

Anyone else?

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/01/2013 9:42 pm

Forehead lines are a normal part of life that every human being has or will get in their life. That is why botox is so popular.

Your best choices for at home treatments are Retin-A/Tazarac or another retinoid, or you can try glycolic acid products such as Alpha Hydrox.

There are always laser, chemical and botox options also.

Do you have acne scars or is your main concern forehead lines that everyone on this planet has unless you are a newborn baby?

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/01/2013 10:51 pm

retin a for sure!

Rob i see you everywhere mention it as a miracle.thats good ..can it also remove completely sun damage?

MemberMember
(@parallax-dreams)

Posted : 03/02/2013 2:17 am

Forehead lines are a normal part of life that every human being has or will get in their life. That is why botox is so popular.

Your best choices for at home treatments are Retin-A/Tazarac or another retinoid, or you can try glycolic acid products such as Alpha Hydrox.

There are always laser, chemical and botox options also.

Do you have acne scars or is your main concern forehead lines that everyone on this planet has unless you are a newborn baby?

I actually have acne scars as well as stretch marks, so the issue is multifaceted. I just prefaced it with a discussion on forehead lines and skin creases since the skin seems to be wearing quickly there for my, but maybe it's just in my head (or on it, har har).

Anyway, thanks for the reply. So I'll try AHA or if that doesn't seem to work, some Retin-A... but isn't that rx only?