Notifications
Clear all

Retin-A Micro

MemberMember
(@aze)

Posted : 02/22/2013 3:32 pm

Hey Everyone!

So today I saw a dermatologist who prescribed me Retin-A Micro. I suffer mostly from non-inflammatory acne/closed comedones. I had a lot of whiteheads and bumps under the skin.

I've been using clindoxyl, which is an antibiotic topical cream w/ benzoyl peroxide, but it doesn't seem to help much. I do get the occasional cyst, but most of the time it is my whiteheads that turn into pimples, so that is the issue I am most concerned about.

I've been instructed to used this 3 times a week, at bedtime. I know the side effects include peeling, dryness, flakiness, redness/irritation, but what I am most anxious about is the initial breakout. I know there is a purging process - I'm just wondering how bad it's going to be and what to expect.

Has anyone ever used this product?

My current skin care regimen is Spectro Gel face wash, Cetaphil Moisturizer with SPF15 and Clindoxyl at night (before applying my moisturizer).

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 02/17/2014 1:02 pm

Hey I havent started Retin A yet because I'm finishing up Accutane but my derm gave it to me in case I have any problems after I get off Accutane. If you're only using it 3 times a week you're probably not going to have a bad Initial breakout like someone who is using it every day it may get a little worse though. I've used a lot of different retinol medication and have had different experiences with all of them.

This doesn't pertain to your post directly but have you ever taken Accutane before?

MemberMember
(@fork889)

Posted : 02/17/2014 4:50 pm

I had a mild acne outbreak and got prescribed Retin-a Micro with an antibiotic to go along with it and i'm about 3 weeks in (use it everyday before I go to bed) and never experienced an initial outbreak. That was just my experience though, its different for everybody and you really won't know until you start.

MemberMember
(@aze)

Posted : 03/04/2014 8:43 pm

Thanks for the responses! It's actually been a year on Retin-A micro and I love iy...no IB! And no I've never taken Accutane