Notifications
Clear all

Exfoliater?

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 02/12/2013 3:06 pm

hello!

I am thinking about having another glycolic acid peel, but last time I did one, a lot of my skin peeled off when i was washing my face (naturally) for about a week this was annoying my face quite a bit.

Regulary when i wash my face evening and morning i have very small, but many skin cells laying on top of my face, mainly on my cheeks. I have this theory that this is making my skin look way more worse then it could be. Just as if my skin cant breath/heal properly, so my red marks dont fade at all.

Anyway, do any of you know a good way (preffered gentle) to remove this from my face? At the moment I am just gently removing it with my fingers.. I dont think this is any good, but its better then leaving it there..

thanks guys smile.png

MemberMember
(@ccasey)

Posted : 02/23/2013 3:54 am

Regulary when i wash my face evening and morning i have very small, but many skin cells laying on top of my face, mainly on my cheeks.

I had the same problem. I have really oily skin, so its tougher for the dead skin cells to slough off than a non-oily skinned person. My preferred method that I'm using from now on is to use a cloth to manually exfoliate. It helps get rid of what little red marks I have and gets rid of the dead skin cells effectively.

Try googling or searching these very forums for things like micro fiber cloths, mittens, bamboo (something like this) products. See my sig for the product I use and would vouch its effectiveness for.

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 02/23/2013 12:26 pm

Regulary when i wash my face evening and morning i have very small, but many skin cells laying on top of my face, mainly on my cheeks.

I had the same problem. I have really oily skin, so its tougher for the dead skin cells to slough off than a non-oily skinned person. My preferred method that I'm using from now on is to use a cloth to manually exfoliate. It helps get rid of what little red marks I have and gets rid of the dead skin cells effectively.

Try googling or searching these very forums for things like micro fiber cloths, mittens, bamboo (something like this) products. See my sig for the product I use and would vouch its effectiveness for.

Thanks a lot CCasey. I will check that out! 🙂 I also saw you had Dan's AHA in your regimen, is that working for your red marks? I considered buying one just the other night, but I think it's so hard to choose these products..

MemberMember
(@ccasey)

Posted : 02/24/2013 8:03 pm

It helped, yeah. But I'm not certain how effective it was. I stopped using it on my face for quite a while, and only use it on my chest as it had quite the red marks from persistent acne growing there.

To sum it up:

AHA+ on Face = somewhat effective, didn't use it long to judge fairly. prefer manual exfoliation.

AHA+ on Chest = super effective

Yeah there's lots of products out there, so can only go by what people recommend. It's (AHA+) is rated 4.36/5.0, so you can check out other people's experience besides my own. http://www.acne.org/acne.org-aha-reviews/650/page1.html

MemberMember
(@babser)

Posted : 02/28/2013 10:23 am

On 2/25/2013 at 7:03 AM, CCasey said:

It helped, yeah. But I'm not certain how effective it was. I stopped using it on my face for quite a while, and only use it on my chest as it had quite the red marks from persistent acne growing there.

To sum it up:

AHA+ on Face = somewhat effective, didn't use it long to judge fairly. prefer manual exfoliation.

AHA+ on Chest = super effective

Yeah there's lots of products out there, so can only go by what people recommend. It's (AHA+) is rated 4.36/5.0, so you can check out other people's experience besides my own. http://www.acne.org/acne.org-aha-reviews/650/page1.html

Oh, ok. Luckily all my shoulder, back and chest acne is almost gone. I ordered a bottle and i'll give it a try.

I also ordered a product called Earth Therapeutics Naturally Anti-Bacterial Complexion Mitt ( https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Therapeutics-Naturally-Anti-Bacterial-Complexion/dp/B003O1K188/ ) You ever heard of it?

thanks again!