Notifications
Clear all

I Want To Stop Early..

MemberMember
(@sallysa)

Posted : 02/06/2013 1:18 pm

I really want to stop accutane at 105 mg/kg. My skin is completely clear and other than stiffness my side effects have been minimal. I cleared quickly. But I've been getting sick left and right and I feel like it's knocking down my immune system which makes me nervous. If I finish out the next 3 weeks or so I will be at 105 mg/kg. I'm 34.

Will this work? ANyone have any words of wisdom?

THanks

MemberMember
(@jdw)

Posted : 02/07/2013 11:22 am

The research on accutane says that a minimum of 120mg/kg is best for complete remission, everybody if different though. You have to weigh your immune system concerns with the possibility of your acne coming back.

MemberMember
(@kevon)

Posted : 02/07/2013 12:12 pm

When you say getting sick do you mean catching colds etc?

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 02/07/2013 6:33 pm

If you value your health and your future STOP taking it now.

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 02/08/2013 12:13 am

it's really a spectrum when it comes to accutane remission. It's not like you suddenly cross the 120 mg/kg threshold and your chances of lasting remission are all of a sudden dramatically improved. 100 mg/kg will clear acne permanently for the majority of people. Your chances of relapse are very slim at the amount you've stated and even if you do relapse, there is pretty much no chance it will be as bad as your baseline.

The severity of your acne before starting treatment has a huge influence on how many mg/kg you actually require so this should factor into your decision. Since you're a woman, if you have PCOS, then you will require a higher mg/kg.

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 02/08/2013 4:49 pm

i would stop, if my health was getting worse.

MemberMember
(@user187201)

Posted : 02/16/2013 7:35 pm

Don't listen to this guy he is not a doctor and still going encourage people to take this toxic poison?

Mr Roche advocate you must think people were born yesterday.

Be aware guys, how does it appear this guy seems to know so much about a drug he's just

started self medicating? How is it this guy wants to discourage the truth and argue factual evidence from those suffering side effects?

it's really a spectrum when it comes to accutane remission. It's not like you suddenly cross the 120 mg/kg threshold and your chances of lasting remission are all of a sudden dramatically improved. 100 mg/kg will clear acne permanently for the majority of people. Your chances of relapse are very slim at the amount you've stated and even if you do relapse, there is pretty much no chance it will be as bad as your baseline.

The severity of your acne before starting treatment has a huge influence on how many mg/kg you actually require so this should factor into your decision. Since you're a woman, if you have PCOS, then you will require a higher mg/kg.

MemberMember
(@09eric09)

Posted : 02/16/2013 11:24 pm

Don't second guess your gut feeling. It wouldn't hurt one bit to stop early, especially if you already have a clear skin.

MemberMember
(@sallysa)

Posted : 02/18/2013 1:22 pm

Thanks guys. I appreciate your feedback. Yes, I mean just colds. I rarely get sick. In fact other than a slight common cold or allergies I don't think I've had a virus or anything like that in years.

This year I've had strep, a terrible throat virus, and a number of colds.

I have slowed way down on taking it. It's my understanding that it's the cumulative dose that makes the difference. I think I"m going to go off my bcp and take it for another month. See what happens w my skin. My skin seems to go haywire anytime I stop or switch bcp. So maybe I'll stop while I"m still taking my accutane to get me thru that and then quit them for good. (my husband is going to get a Vasectomy)

Thanks again for your thoughts!