Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar Question

MemberMember
(@monster625)

Posted : 02/01/2013 12:13 pm

Hi, all

I was wondering, Does reddness of my acne scar's will eventually fade?

MemberMember
(@aze)

Posted : 02/01/2013 12:18 pm

Apparently you need to give it up to a year to fade on its own.

"After skin has healed from acne, any color change or defect present after approximately 1 year is considered to be a permanent acne scar. Before the twelve months, the redness or hyperpigmented mark could still be considered a lesion which requires healing."

This is from http://www.peaumontreal.com/acne-scars/ - the website for a clinic for cosmetic dermatology.

Lemon Juice usually helps me with scars - dab a little on the scar everyday and you should see results within a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/01/2013 1:32 pm

go to a derm and get a prescription for hydroquinone or u can try phyto+ from skinceuticals

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 02/01/2013 5:50 pm

Redness in general fades away on its own - it can take a while though. There is sometimes actual hyperpigmanted scarring though.

There are ways to get rid of the redness faster (lasers and hydroquinone and such) - but you should consult a doctor regarding that.

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 02/02/2013 2:30 pm

It does but in order to get rid of it quickly, you may need to put extra efforts of your own. You can add nutrients in your diet which can help treats such problems, and also, you can try consulting skin care products which are ACTUALLY worth trying. Seriously, 90% are fakely being promoted. I rather get a consultation and recommendations from a good Doc. Anyway, i experienced redness in my scars as well. I was using invicible scars. It really helped me get rid of the entire thing. Give it a shot if you like. But still, a consultation from a medical professional really helps

MemberMember
(@aze)

Posted : 02/03/2013 11:59 am

It does but in order to get rid of it quickly, you may need to put extra efforts of your own. You can add nutrients in your diet which can help treats such problems, and also, you can try consulting skin care products which are ACTUALLY worth trying. Seriously, 90% are fakely being promoted. I rather get a consultation and recommendations from a good Doc. Anyway, i experienced redness in my scars as well. I was using invicible scars. It really helped me get rid of the entire thing. Give it a shot if you like. But still, a consultation from a medical professional really helps

What's invincible scars?

MemberMember
(@jadens)

Posted : 02/06/2013 5:54 pm

anyone here tried dermefface fx7 after accutane?

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 02/15/2013 7:47 am

What's invincible scars?

It's INVICIBLE SCARS. A scar treatment cream. You can read about it online. Simply google its name. You'll get it rolleyes.gif