Notifications
Clear all

Taking Accutane And Living Healthy

MemberMember
(@tweaker123)

Posted : 01/31/2013 6:16 pm

What are your opinions on taking low dose accutane while maintaining a healthy lifestyle??

it seems most of my acne is gone, but its persistant, and break outs usually happen in cysts on my chin. ive tried all types of foods and it just seems like the only answer is by going extremely low carb(which is unhealthy btw). when im on low carb , im basically clear, but i really cant handle the low energy and mood swings.everytime i eat a little bit of carbs (brown rice, sweet potatos, low sugar fruits) i feel MUCH better, i feel happy and energetic and have much more effective workouts. but ill break out. so ive been thinking about taking accutane on a low dose(20mg/day for around 6 months). while eating very healthy and exercising etc .i really think accutane is the only answer, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle also.

MemberMember
(@sarabara123)

Posted : 02/02/2013 12:16 am

Accutane is definitely NOT the answer. Experiment with herbs such as saw palmetto, vitex, dandelion root, nettle. There is always a natural alternative, that wont be harmful to your body in the long run.

MemberMember
(@tweaker123)

Posted : 02/02/2013 3:42 am

Accutane is definitely NOT the answer. Experiment with herbs such as saw palmetto, vitex, dandelion root, nettle. There is always a natural alternative, that wont be harmful to your body in the long run.

maybe if none of these herbs work? then what?

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 02/02/2013 5:20 am

I would only take accutane if you have oily skin and acne. Since low carb helps, you can try taking things that reduce the glycemic impact of carbs, like cinnamon. There are also supplements that regulate blood sugar, like chromium and alpha lipoic acid.

MemberMember
(@tweaker123)

Posted : 02/02/2013 3:40 pm

I would only take accutane if you have oily skin and acne. Since low carb helps, you can try taking things that reduce the glycemic impact of carbs, like cinnamon. There are also supplements that regulate blood sugar, like chromium and alpha lipoic acid.

i take opti zinc, 5000ui vita min d, chromium, magnesium, and cinnamon pills after all my carb meals. And its very small amount of carbs also.

i still break out. and i go for a 30min walk after my meals since its suppose to help with blood sugar. nothing works. any type of carb=acne. it doesnt seem like its my blood sugar thats causing acne, but more of just insulin being produced, no matter how much breaks me out. i can go months without breaking out a single pimple, just by eating lean meats, good fats, and veggies. thats all. and ill stay 100% clear, but once i eat like half a sweet potato, or 1/4 cup of brown rice(soaked btw), i will break out.

and its pissing me off, i went to my derm today, and said i dont need accutane, and i begged him for it, because the only reason why my face isnt as bad is because im low carbing, and he says diet has nothing to do with acne. and wants to pescribe me antibiotics, which is the wrost thing you can do to your body, and topicals. what a joke.

No matter what i do or eat. it just stresses me out everyday, so im 100% decided that im just going to take accutane, the side effects are worth it.

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 02/06/2013 2:24 am

i take opti zinc, 5000ui vita min d, chromium, magnesium, and cinnamon pills after all my carb meals. And its very small amount of carbs also.

i still break out. and i go for a 30min walk after my meals since its suppose to help with blood sugar. nothing works. any type of carb=acne. it doesnt seem like its my blood sugar thats causing acne, but more of just insulin being produced, no matter how much breaks me out. i can go months without breaking out a single pimple, just by eating lean meats, good fats, and veggies. thats all. and ill stay 100% clear, but once i eat like half a sweet potato, or 1/4 cup of brown rice(soaked btw), i will break out.

and its pissing me off, i went to my derm today, and said i dont need accutane, and i begged him for it, because the only reason why my face isnt as bad is because im low carbing, and he says diet has nothing to do with acne. and wants to pescribe me antibiotics, which is the wrost thing you can do to your body, and topicals. what a joke.

No matter what i do or eat. it just stresses me out everyday, so im 100% decided that im just going to take accutane, the side effects are worth it.

I guess you already know all about blood sugar. Have you tried probiotics? You could try that while waiting for the Accutane.

I would definitely switch derms. Most derms are just pharmacists who know nothing about the body's connection to skin and just prescribe whatever kind of antibiotic comes to mind. But some will eventually give you Accutane if you want it and other things don't work. Anyone with moderate acne can get Accutane, it just depends on which derm you go to.

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 02/07/2013 4:05 pm

You might be breaking out from carbs because of an intestinal yeast or bacterial overgrowth, not necessarily just blood sugar/insulin issues. I used to have the same problem (breaking out from any significant amount of carbs) and I'm doing much better now since I started taking some things for yeast and bacteria.

What's been helping me the most is peppermint tea, at least 2 cups a day (has antifungal and antibacterial properties), coconut oil (has antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral properties), and cod liver oil (has vitamin A which boosts the immune system to help fight off pathogens).

Also, before I started peppermint tea, I discovered black tea helped a lot too. It contains tannins which are antifungal and antibacterial. I switched to peppermint, which works just as well if not better, because I prefer to avoid caffeine.

Probiotics might help too... have you tried them? I'd recommend just a plain acidophilus supplement since some people with intestinal dysbiosis have trouble with other strains.