Notifications
Clear all

Please Help, What Kind Are These Permanent Pimples?

MemberMember
(@delorienaz)

Posted : 01/25/2013 10:55 pm

For maybe a year or two years I've had several permanent bumps around my jawline and hairline & right where my ear joins my head that seem to go through cycles.

When they are "calm" they are small, very hard, flesh-coloured bumps. Hard to see but feel very firm to the touch. If I squeeze them (yes, I know I shouldn't) a white substance comes out but it's not like normal pus, it is white rather than yellow and waxy rather than liquid-y.

If they get irritated, either by touching or who knows what else, they flare up into big, very sore, red zits that sometimes come to a white head and sometimes not. Several times I've gotten the plug/core out and the flare goes down but the bump never goes away.

What on earth are these seemingly permanent bumps?? They are always in the same exact places, it's like the pores never close no matter what I do.

I've tried leaving them alone and not picking at them, drying them out, moisturizing them, putting benzoyl peroxide on etc, but they just do not go away.

I exfoliate in the shower with just a clean wet facecloth and I moisturize after that with Neutrogena Moisture Oil-Free Combination Skin. This regimen seems to have made my normal acne much better.

I've been on and off birth control pills for the last year.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/03/2013 12:02 am

I hate how some of the pimples are small and irrelevant and turn HUGE almost out of nowhere!

MemberMember
(@radish)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:49 am

I have one of those on my cheek. It's been there for a year. So frustrating!

MemberMember
(@delorienaz)

Posted : 03/16/2013 1:53 pm

I have one of those on my cheek. It's been there for a year. So frustrating!

I had one on each cheek, they lasted 5 or 6 months. They went away eventually, I just blasted them with benzoyl peroxide alternated with salicytic acid. It seems to work better if you alternate. Hope it helps you

MemberMember
(@rickeydog5)

Posted : 05/26/2014 1:57 pm

Hi,

I have a few of these also, on the left side of my neck. I am male (so not on birth control pills). I too have had no luck making them go away, and mine flare up sometimes also, exactly as you described.

I noticed you posted your question quite a while ago, and was hoping you'd received a more useful answer than the ones posted. So, any news to share?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@lah2112)

Posted : 11/20/2014 9:41 pm

Oh my gosh please tell me you found a cure! I have 10 of these spots right now I want to die