Notifications
Clear all

Still Looking

MemberMember
(@brownitsdown23)

Posted : 01/25/2013 2:31 pm

I always had clear skin until I hit the age of 21. I used to get comments about how clear and bright my skin was, my friends would ask what products I used and such. It amazes me to say it now but all I used to use it Bath and Body Works antibacterial hand soap haha! And just once a day when I showered. I wish it was still that easy :( Like I said when I got to be about 21 I started breaking out more and more. I am now 24, and my acne hasnt gotten worse or better. I look at some of these terrible pictures of people with bad acne and I thank god mine's not that bad, but I still miss my perfect skin. It has really taken a toll of my confidence, and im not anywhere near as social anymore. I feel like I am constantly worrying about my face, and how bad it looks to other people. I dont remember the last day I didnt have to wear any concealer. I feel like I have literally tried every product you can buy OTC. Salicyclic Acid doesnt seem to do too much for me, and benzoyl peroxide always makes it much worse. I was on doxycycline for about 8 months and that did nothing. My doctor has now referred me to a dermatologist, I go in march. I am interested to hear what he has to say, but I worry if its a continuous thing it may become expensive since my insurance ends in April.

I recently started using Acnevir since I saw so many great reviews on the product. My first application was at night. I washed my face with my neutrogena ultra gentle cleanser, dried, then applied the acnevir to my bumpy cheeks. I was amazed when I woke up the next morning, most all of my acne was gone! I am on day three of using acnevir now, and I am noticing all the tiny bumps are coming back. Im not sure if my skin is now reacting to the product, or if its because of the moisturizer I tried with it yesterday, or what it could be. I never seem to give products a chance, usually after day 3-4 of not working I get scared my face is going to break out worse and I try something else.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

MemberMember
(@blottedscience)

Posted : 01/25/2013 4:37 pm

Hello. Tell us more about your diet.

keep it up

MemberMember
(@brownitsdown23)

Posted : 01/25/2013 5:23 pm

I think my diet is actually pretty good smile.png I work hard to keep it well balanced. I stay away from sugar and dairy. The only meat I buy from the store is frozen chicken, all other meat comes from hunting smile.png I dont drink alot of pop. I dont eat as much fruit as I would like, but I try to drink lots of 100% juice. I also dont drink as much water as I should. I love coffee, and usually have it morning and often at night too. I get lots of fresh vegetables. I also dont eat ANY prepared frozen meals. I do alot of cooking with fresh meat and vegetables. Oh- and absolutely NO fast food.