Notifications
Clear all

Need Advice Should I Start A Second Course Of Accutane

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/18/2013 9:55 pm

So 2 years ago I started Accutane for persistent acne on my face back and chest and it has returned. I have got my face cleared up 80% and my body 50%. I am EXTREMELY oily all over. My T zone looks like am sweating at the end of the day. My derm has given me another prescription for 80mg a day.

Heres the problem....

On my last course of 70mg for 5 months I started to sweat like Crazy from my face when I did any physical activity or it was hot out. I use to sweat but nothing like now. It mostly comes from the forehead / hair line and hasnt let up since. Now its not like I start randomly sweating in a cool room or anything.

My question is should I start this second course or will the sweating get worse?

I asked my derm and he kinda blew it off.

Im very active and Im in the Army so I dont know what to do! I hate being covered in oil and acne but I dont want to develop a sweating problem..

Maybe start of at 40mg instead?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/19/2013 1:32 am

If you google "accutane sweating" you will see the previous experiences of others, many which are posts on this board.

There isn't really a good answer to your question. But yes, persistent permanent sweating is possible side effect of Accutane. Lowering your dose may fix it, it may not.