Notifications
Clear all

Completely Hopeless.....what Have I Done To My Skin? Someone Please Help Me 🙁

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 01/16/2013 7:46 pm

it's been 3 years and my marks have faded significantly but my skin still looks like this...

i don't have much acne at all and it seems to have reduced so why is my skin still like this? will hydroquinone even work? PLEASE someone help me, tell me why my skin doesn't seem to be responding or healing. what have i done??? on top of that my skin looks extremely dry and dull even though it's oily???

post-163494-0-08589000-1358383525_thumb.

post-163494-0-64957400-1358383534_thumb.

post-163494-0-08589000-1358383525_thumb.

post-163494-0-64957400-1358383534_thumb.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/16/2013 8:26 pm

You may just need a little exfoliation. You can try aha creams/lotions/serums. I like to buy vitamin c powder or capsules. Just add a pinch to your moisturizer and mix in the palm of your hand. Then apply to your face. You can also mix your own vitamin c serum with vitamin c powder and pure glycerin. Mix equal parts vitamin c and glycerin and apply as a mask for 10 minutes . Or you can apply a thin layer to your face and leave it on over night and wash off in the morning.

You can find the vitamin c powder at any vitamin store or even drugstores. You can buy the glycerin at cvs or Walmart.

This is a safe and effective way to brighten and even out skin tone.

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 01/16/2013 8:59 pm

thanks for the suggestion. i just sent you a pm.. any other suggestions/insights? i'm really desperate. nothing seems to be working

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 01/23/2013 3:52 pm

Whats your regimen? it could be because your skin is dehydrated - it doesnt neccesarily have to be flaking off to be dehydrated, and your skin can be dry and oily at the same time. This could also be why your PIH isnt shifting, because if its dehydrated your skin isnt healing properly. Just a thought :-)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/30/2013 3:40 am

I am confused as in what do you mean when you say " what have i done?" Did you get a procedure done|?

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 01/30/2013 3:51 am

My skin is exactly like yours, except dark brown where yours is red. Like a patch of discoloured, lifeless skin. I'm not sure what to suggest, but if you're up for it and don't suffer from active acne, you may want to look into chemical peels. I swear this the most annoying dilemma.

MemberMember
(@seroyal223)

Posted : 02/05/2013 2:25 am

I'm assuming you used some assortment of harsh products on your skin. Same thing happened to me. It's very simple, the skin becomes weak and dehydrated. When this happens, it becomes very hard for the skin to heal itself.

How do you fix this? Leave your skin alone. I know it might sound crazy but trust me, no product can fix this. When the skin is weak and dehydrated as a result of excessive product use, using more products will only extend the problem. No product can artificially restore your skins moisture and strength, it has to be done naturally.

Don't use any products on your face, don't even wash it honestly. Thats what I started doing 2 months ago. A few weeks after I stopped washing, by acne stopped completely, I don't have a single active zit on my face now which is pretty surreal to me. As for the bigger problem of my marks, they're not gone yet but they're getting better. My skin has built up dead skin scabs over the marks. This is the skins natural reaction when injured, it builds dead skin to protect and heal itself. That's why you get dead skin on your feet when you develop blisters. The skin can't create these dead skin scabs when you're stripping it everyday and applying products to It thoigh. It'll take a few months for my face to start looking great but it's well on its way. After a year straight of trying everything in the book from exfoliation to aloe Vera to emu oil, and seeing only superficial improvement, I can attest to this being the only way to truly heal the skin naturally and from the inside out

MemberMember
(@saintetienne)

Posted : 02/05/2013 6:45 am

i have the same skin problem.. i think the redness will fade in time like everbody says...