Notifications
Clear all

Do I Need To Reach Blood To Induce Collagen? (Dermastamp)

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 01/15/2013 10:40 pm

I was wondering whether or not I need to Derma Stamp until I see blood come out of my skin on the face, in order to induce collagen production. Can I just rough up the skin until it's really red but not till it bleeds to induce collagen? Or do I need to see blood for collagen to actual form?

Are there any cases where people had seen scar improvement without seeing blood?

Thank you

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 01/16/2013 12:50 am

hm if you see blood that means that you successfully managed to break the hard scar tissue..problem is that you have to know when to stop..

lot of blood may result in producing more collagen but again in the form of scar(which i really doubt when you dont use long needles)...

in any case you should experiment and let the skin heal as this process needs time...

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 01/16/2013 1:22 am

I watched a documentary recently on the salamander. The salamander has a near perfect healing ability in that it is able to regrow limbs that are torn off by predators. One feature of its physiology that enables it to do this is its extremely low blood pressure. Having low blood pressure means it doesn't really bleed when injured. Humans on the other hand bleed alot. Becuase of this our bodies need to repair wounds quickly, and that's one reason why we develop scar tissue over our wounds and not normal looking skin. Basically the scar tissue is a rough and ready repair job that achieves its purpose but doesn't look so good. The Salamander's position is much less critical as it does not bleed so it can take the time to heal without scarring and if necessary grow a whole new limb. I really have no idea if this has any application to dermastamping but it does suggest that there is a point beyond which the severity of an injury will result in scar tissue forming and that that threshold may not be that high.

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 01/19/2013 10:12 pm

hm if you see blood that means that you successfully managed to break the hard scar tissue..problem is that you have to know when to stop..

lot of blood may result in producing more collagen but again in the form of scar(which i really doubt when you dont use long needles)...

in any case you should experiment and let the skin heal as this process needs time...

Can I successfully break the hard scar tissue without seeing blood? I won't stamp another stamp once I see blood.