Notifications
Clear all

Lost Everything To This Scar/mark, But I Will Not Give Up To Get Everything Back!

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/14/2013 3:41 pm

I haven't posted in a while but something happened recently to make me do so. Whether you're familiar with my story or not. I made a huge mistake a few months ago, I picked until I was left with this flatish mark. I still haven't been to the dermatologist, yet. I'm so scared and anxious. I'm practically dropped out of school. My well. I guess exish boyfriend doesn't know what caused my down fall, but were in a break. It killed me and he said its not the end. I really hope its true. I'm going away to stay with some family to get myself straightened out. Get a job. All that. And hopefully I can find out what to do to make this thing go away. I just started trinessa to clear up whatever I have left. But since I haven't posted in awhile, has anyone any idea what to do about flat scars? Theres not much on them. It just bugs me because it turns red easily... I got it in the beginning of June. It looks different in different light. But ugh. I just hate how its like 7mm long and 5mm wide and on my enormous forehead.

But anywho. Other than venting. Whats the deal with flat scars?

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 01/14/2013 4:15 pm

I don't know what your scar looks like but check out Recell - they might be able to help you x

http://www.avitamedical.com/?id=5&ob=1

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 01/14/2013 7:01 pm

Have you looked into Retin-A and possibly copper peptides? I don't think you need anything else based on the picture I've seen. The edges of the scar will soften and it's going to look much better and smoother within a couple of years. You may not even be able to find it anymore after a few years, and even if you still can, it will look better. I think the important thing now is for you to find someone who could help you with your anxiety over this scar - it really is not worth ruining your life with. Your boyfriend probably hasn't noticed it, as I don't think most people would unless you point it out to them. You should try to get someone to talk to (therapist, dermatologist, close friend...) that could give you an objective opinion about the severity of this issue, since I don't think you can objectively see how minor this actually is. It's always very hard to "assess" one's own scarring and looking in a mirror from an inch away can make even the tiniest imperfections seem large and very noticeable. In your case, I think you're seeing it much much worse than it actually is and it would help to talk to someone, preferably a doctor or a therapist, and tell them how this is distressing you.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/14/2013 8:09 pm

Have you looked into Retin-A and possibly copper peptides? I don't think you need anything else based on the picture I've seen. The edges of the scar will soften and it's going to look much better and smoother within a couple of years. You may not even be able to find it anymore after a few years, and even if you still can, it will look better. I think the important thing now is for you to find someone who could help you with your anxiety over this scar - it really is not worth ruining your life with. Your boyfriend probably hasn't noticed it, as I don't think most people would unless you point it out to them. You should try to get someone to talk to (therapist, dermatologist, close friend...) that could give you an objective opinion about the severity of this issue, since I don't think you can objectively see how minor this actually is. It's always very hard to "assess" one's own scarring and looking in a mirror from an inch away can make even the tiniest imperfections seem large and very noticeable. In your case, I think you're seeing it much much worse than it actually is and it would help to talk to someone, preferably a doctor or a therapist, and tell them how this is distressing you.

Indeed austra. I want to thank you too, I know you've been around since I first started posting. I'm going to have a counselor. And now that a lot of truth had gotten out I can tell my doctor things I was scared to before. No worries. I won't jump into anything to serious. I will get plenty of opinions before even trying anything less invasive. As for excision I like the idea of having a line scar. It is hard to assess. But anywho, I will get through this. I have to now.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 01/15/2013 7:30 am

Am I the only one who doesn't quite know what you are talking about when you say flat scar.

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/15/2013 8:53 am

Am I the only one who doesn't quite know what you are talking about when you say flat scar.

I'm sorry. I'll try to explain better. I run my finger over it and I feel no difference. On close inspection it has edges. In certain light it looks different to surrounding skin. Its been there for 8 months. Its hard to photograph. Makeup is obvious on it because it makes it look rough. It looks skin colored sonetimes and it turn a slightly more red when my skin is irritated. When I take a bright light at certain angles it looks different, almost pitted but then not because its hard to tell because my skin I'd uneven and bumpy. Its an odd thing. Not like any of my other scars I've had, or any I've seen. Tis why the its caused me such anxiety :/

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/15/2013 10:16 am

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/gallery/image/48307-20130115-091506/

Here's a better pic, as good as I can get it. You'll have to add me to see it I guess.

It looks different from my other skin

MemberMember
(@foreverandpatience)

Posted : 01/18/2013 7:40 pm

I just hate the scars are there because of something stupid I did. Its like how I'd feel about self harm scars. Its embarrassing, not like the scars you get from, oh... I don't know... getting into a knife fight to save someone or something heroic like that.

:/