Notifications
Clear all

Deep Scar On My Nose - Picture Attached

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer)

Posted : 01/11/2013 11:58 am

Hi,

I had a cyst on the bridge of my nose early last year. It left a deep scar that hasn't got better since.

It's around 2 mm * 2 mm and the redness hasn't faded. I cover it with concealer but because it's deep it doesn't camoflage very well. I tried 100% glycolic acid in the past and it started to heal over somewhat, only for the new skin to fall off.

The picture below doesn't show the redness very well.

What could I use that will help?

post-195137-0-35099400-1357923470.jpg

post-195137-0-35099400-1357923470.jpg

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/11/2013 1:25 pm

hmm i dont think anything topically will help but just time is all. it should fill more in the next year or so but you could get filler in it for now. its not cheap but it should do the trick.

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 01/11/2013 1:45 pm

Your post reminds me of the acne spots that remain after a lesion has gone down. When it comes to stuff like these [like the above post said] I think time is really the only answer. However if you were really determined to quicken it up, try some sort of AHA's/retinoids.

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer)

Posted : 01/11/2013 2:10 pm

Do you think so? It's been around 8 months to a year (can't remember) since I've had it and I've seen no visible improvements.

I think I'll try a glycolic peel again.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/13/2013 8:05 pm

That is a deep scar and a glycolic peel isn't going to help. Subcision and maybe some low strength TCA peels will help.

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer)

Posted : 10/03/2013 11:53 am

I'm still suffering with this scar - because it's still red and quite deep.

What professional options do I have?

I'm still suffering with this scar - it's still red and deep.

What professional options do I have?

MemberMember
(@xcharliex)

Posted : 10/03/2013 1:30 pm

This needs to be subcised. No topical or peels will touch it imo.

MemberMember
(@4meracneguy)

Posted : 10/04/2013 7:03 am

Get a doctor to first sand down the edges--they look more elevated than the rest of your normal skin. Then get a series of Fraxel repair treatments on just that area.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 10/06/2013 7:53 am

Subcision, followed by filler. I think it will make a huge difference.

MemberMember
(@real-acnekiller)

Posted : 10/09/2013 1:14 am

I would go with subcision right away and make sure the dr. has excellent credentials. have the dr. excise all the scar tissue during excision.after procedure depending on dexterity and wound healing if there is any depression left silicone1000 done in droplets is the best option and can even skin surface out nicely.i have had artesense which is similar in my nose 3 times and worked great for indented scarring.artesense and artecol are no longer available due to a multinational congomerate taking over company that makes the product and not wanting to pay the liability insurance.good luck

MemberMember
(@longtermsufferer)

Posted : 07/25/2014 8:56 am

I thought I would post an update on this.

I did a 50% TCA peel on the area around two weeks ago. It burnt quite severely. The final scab came off today and the scar has filled in. The area however is still quite red and has not healed yet.

I'm thinking of posting a picture in two or three weeks time when my skin has healed more and turned a normal colour.

MemberMember
(@jcdida)

Posted : 11/22/2021 12:14 am

Hi any updates? I have those too but its in the side of my eyes but in the nose bridge too. They are many of them on mine and my nose is not that good looking. Looking for anything that can lessen my deep scars on my nose bridge.