Will Co2 Fractional Matrix Help With This

MemberMember
(@turd)

Posted : 01/04/2013 4:53 pm

The forehead lines and the lines around my mouth

MemberMember
(@oopli)

Posted : 01/04/2013 6:04 pm

for mouth lines probably a filler will be best and i think they use botox for forehead lines.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/05/2013 12:28 am

Ick, stay away from Botox. If you're looking to improve the nasolabial folds and your forehead wrinkles then look for a Hyaluronic Acid filler like Restylane.

I wouldn't go with lasers for these lines as a HA filler will give you longer and safer results.

MemberMember
(@turd)

Posted : 01/05/2013 8:14 pm

So the matrix wont help at all with those two?

I have been using a 12% AHA the past month or so and it seems to be helping a little bit. I just dont want to have to get the laser for my scars then fillers for the folds and forehead thats like 3k.

here are pics of the scars:

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/07/2013 1:21 am

So the matrix wont help at all with those two?

I have been using a 12% AHA the past month or so and it seems to be helping a little bit. I just dont want to have to get the laser for my scars then fillers for the folds and forehead thats like 3k.

here are pics of the scars:

If you're planning to treat your scars with the laser then it wouldn't hurt for them to do passes over your wrinkles too. I think you won't see a huge improvement in those areas as the wrinkles and your nasolabial folds are naturally occurring and will likely come back fairly quickly if you're only treating them with lasers. :)

Fillers for deeper wrinkles and folds usually work best and will last for much longer.

Maybe consider combining laser with a Hyaluronic Acid based filler? Hyaluronic Acid is found naturally in your body and, just like collagen, it depletes over time. So while the laser helps stimulate collagen, the Hyaluronic Acid filler would give you both an immediate result and the long term benefits of ongoing skin remodelling. :)

But wrinkles can wait no? I'd concentrate on your scars and then, when/if you can afford it, look into the fillers if you need them.

MemberMember
(@turd)

Posted : 01/07/2013 12:15 pm

True I could ask him if fillers would be better after about 2-3 weeks post laser... dont those fillers only last 9-12 months and will run me 800?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/22/2013 4:20 am

True I could ask him if fillers would be better after about 2-3 weeks post laser... dont those fillers only last 9-12 months and will run me 800?

Cost varies greatly. Depends on the type of filler and how much is used. Unfortunately the "permanent" fillers are not good for your skin (e.g. silicone) because over time, as your skin ages naturally, the product may shift and cause irregular/unwanted patterns, lumps or indentations. There is also a greater risk of rejection, leading to irritation, infection and scarring.

If you go for a good naturally-based filler, like Hyaluronic Acid then you will reap the benefit of collagen remodelling (because HA is required by the skin to create and maintain collagen). No, it's not permanent and you may eventually need top up treatments but it's still a better option than silicone.