Notifications
Clear all

Jumping On The Accutrain

MemberMember
(@lenameadow)

Posted : 01/03/2013 11:29 pm

I'm fifteen, almost sixteen and I just began taking Accutane for the first time. I have cystic acne and have had it for a while, and the dermatologist quickly recommended Accutane after a short period of antibiotics. I'm on 80 mg a day for five months and I have to say I'm a little nervous. I'm always a skeptic, especially when it comes to a "miracle drug" like Accutane seems to be portrayed as. I've heard of people whose acne didn't entirely go away and had to go a second time, and I really don't want to do that!

It's only been 6 days and already the side effects are getting to me, mostly the dry lips. They're red and raw, and the corners of my lips are torn and rough because they're so chapped! Any recommendations?

MemberMember
(@jdw)

Posted : 01/04/2013 10:53 am

I'm personally using lucas's paw paw ointment for my lips and it keeps dryness under control but I'm only on 40mg. Alot of people recommened Aquafor so look for that aswell. Good luck

MemberMember
(@ls206816)

Posted : 01/04/2013 6:21 pm

I'm the same age as you and I'm going on Accutane soon! I'm so scared about going to school with such dry skin and lips! Also I don't want the initial breakout!! Lol I'm seriously freaked out about the side effects and I don't want to have to go on it again! So I really hope this works for me because I've also been on tons of other topical and oral medications! If you ever need to talk I'm here for you! Let us know how it works out for you!