Notifications
Clear all

A Year After Accutane

MemberMember
(@please-let-it-work)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:23 pm

Hey everyone :) I'm meg, I was on accutane for eight months in 2011 and have just passed my year anniversary of finishing my course. i wanted to update everyone on how I am doing and how the accutane experience was for me. I will attach a pic of how I look now and how I looked before accutane but you can find my full experience on my accutane blog here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/292016-my-isotretinoin-log-d/page__fromsearch__1

I was on 60mg a day from February to October 2011. It has changed my life. I had cystic acne which no other medicine was helping-topical or oral, so it was time for me to try accutane. I won't lie and pretend it was plain sailing because frankly it was hell at times with side effects including cracked bleeding lips, intense chest and back pain and the most frustrating exhaustion and dizziness. However, I do not regret my decision. I did extensive research on accutane prior to embarking on my course and due to my YouTube videos and accutane log I was contacted by bbc three to be on a program about accutane which I declined but was humbled to be invited to. Basically I know my stuff. I'm not here to tell you all to go on this medicine because it is a personal decision to be made after talking to your dermatologist and family, but I am here to express my experience.

I do still get pain in my back and yes I do still get some spots, mainly on my chin as you can see by my photo.but I am so different from how I was before. I'm happier. I'm more positive. I don't sit for hours and look in the mirror. I don't cry about my skin any more, I don't run to the loo to reapply foundation after snuggling up to my boyfriend and I don't hide away in photos. If anybody wants any information or wants to ask a question, inbox me. I'm open to answering anything you ask about accutane.

I don't think there's much left for me to do other than pop my photos here and let you all have a look. Keep smiling everyone, and I say that in a sincere way, knowing how easy it is to say but how hard it is to do. Keep strong xxxxx

Before:

post-146094-0-69146900-1357255225_thumb.

After:

post-146094-0-33650300-1357255596_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:35 pm

Glad to see it worked so well for you. I was also on accutane in 2011 for 5 months at 70mg. Unfortunately my acne has returned :/

MemberMember
(@please-let-it-work)

Posted : 01/03/2013 6:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear that, maybe a second course for slightly longer might help? I know how frustrating it can be, I hope you find the right thing that works for you soon xxx

MemberMember
(@bwatson)

Posted : 01/03/2013 10:22 pm

I cant wait to start Accutane. Im on my 30 day wait!!!! I have battled with acne for so many years and I think its time for the extra mile. My acne is disgusting and my face peels alot. Now the Doctors say I have eczema. Just my luck!!!! How long did it take you to see results??

MemberMember
(@please-let-it-work)

Posted : 01/07/2013 12:58 pm

Hey I'm excited for you!! Soon you'll be getting it under control, and there's lots of stuff that helps eczema like medicated bath oils and moisturisers, plus it's always worse in the winter, I used to get a lot of it! Make sure you're prepared for your accutane course by stocking up on lip balm and stuff :) best of luck! Xxx

MemberMember
(@please-let-it-work)

Posted : 01/07/2013 12:58 pm

Hey I'm excited for you!! Soon you'll be getting it under control, and there's lots of stuff that helps eczema like medicated bath oils and moisturisers, plus it's always worse in the winter, I used to get a lot of it! Make sure you're prepared for your accutane course by stocking up on lip balm and stuff :) best of luck! Xxx

MemberMember
(@user101)

Posted : 01/07/2013 6:44 pm

i like this post, so full of positive feelings, i am on my DAY 24 with 60mg/day of accutane generic called claravis, and i look forward to clear skin....thanks for spreading a much needed cheer ms. please-let-it-work