Notifications
Clear all

Classify My Acne!

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/03/2013 1:53 am

LAST 3 PHOTOS TAKEN YESTERDAY (FEB 4th, 2013!) -- Any results from the progression of the photos below??

Hey everyone!

Let me begin by saying that ALL my information that is needed is in the thread below:

My dermatologist classified it as cystic acne, but just to get an outside opinion from just the visuals I've provided (since I've gone to only 1 dermatologist), I would like to know if this is considered mild, moderate, severe, or another kind of acne.

I see all the time people saying they have a certain type of acne so... what kind am I? Moderate? Severe?

The first two pictures are from yesterday. The last 3 pictures are from my first ever month of acne.

Any and all contributions are appreciated smile.png

Thank you

Sheraz

---

Added 3 new photos as of January 17th, 2013. Please tell me if it got worse or better or stayed the same! Thanks! (Theyre the last 3 pictures, the one with the front, right, and left view!)

---

P.S -- I created another thread consisting of ALL my information (what I've taken, what worked, etc.), so if you'd like to see it you can visit the link below:

http://www.acne.org/...s-never-before/

post-194054-0-24847500-1357195961_thumb.

post-194054-0-58473500-1357195978_thumb.

post-194054-0-69156400-1357195983_thumb.

post-194054-0-20017400-1357195986_thumb.

post-194054-0-66911500-1357195989_thumb.

post-194054-0-04029600-1358498966_thumb.

post-194054-0-85351600-1358498968_thumb.

post-194054-0-19429400-1358498972_thumb.

post-194054-0-27585700-1360034339_thumb.

post-194054-0-19540700-1360034341_thumb.

post-194054-0-67011600-1360034343_thumb.

post-194054-0-24847500-1357195961_thumb.

post-194054-0-58473500-1357195978_thumb.

post-194054-0-69156400-1357195983_thumb.

post-194054-0-20017400-1357195986_thumb.

post-194054-0-66911500-1357195989_thumb.

post-194054-0-04029600-1358498966_thumb.

post-194054-0-85351600-1358498968_thumb.

post-194054-0-19429400-1358498972_thumb.

post-194054-0-27585700-1360034339_thumb.

post-194054-0-19540700-1360034341_thumb.

post-194054-0-67011600-1360034343_thumb.

MemberMember
(@drumatic)

Posted : 01/03/2013 1:50 pm

I think it's getting worse, you should look into treatments. I would say your acne is going modereate/severe from mild

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/03/2013 5:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Do you think Accutane would be my best bet then? All my other treatments are listed in my other thread, which the link is given for at the bottom of this topic.

MemberMember
(@drumatic)

Posted : 01/03/2013 10:48 pm

I wouldn't mess with accutane as your acne is not that severe to go on such dangerous drug ( in some cases side effects that will last with you lifetime and acne will always comeback later on). However, it seems like you have tried almost everything.

Have you ever thought facial hairs on your face are causing acne? Looks like you only have acne on those spots

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/03/2013 11:07 pm

I wouldn't mess with accutane as your acne is not that severe to go on such dangerous drug ( in some cases side effects that will last with you lifetime and acne will always comeback later on). However, it seems like you have tried almost everything.

Have you ever thought facial hairs on your face are causing acne? Looks like you only have acne on those spots

This is a very good point you brought up. I thought it was at one point, and I stopped shaving completely for a full month, yet I still got a cyst or two. I also noticed certain white heads directly in one of my hair follicles. But mainly, the type of acne I got was red bumps\cysts, despite not shaving.

If it was the facial hair causing acne, what should I do? Whats the cause?

To be honest, I just want to take accutane so that, even if the acne does come back later in my years, it wont be as intense (despite my dermatologist saying that it shouldn't come back at all after taking a full course of tane).

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 01/03/2013 11:21 pm

Mild to moderate.

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/04/2013 2:38 am

Mild to moderate.

Do those terms refer to the amount of acne one has or the type? I never understood the classifications.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 01/04/2013 4:27 pm

Mild to moderate.

By the amount and severity.

Do those terms refer to the amount of acne one has or the type? I never understood the classifications.

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 01/05/2013 8:18 am

Mild but with a few nodules. Danne Montague King would work perfect, accutane has too any risks.

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/05/2013 3:11 pm

Mild but with a few nodules. Danne Montague King would work perfect, accutane has too any risks.

I never heard of it, but just Googled it and it seems like its a scam to get you to buy a thousand different products at once!

Can you tell me more about this? Enzymes have always been a topic discussed with acne, and since I'm trying to get to the source of the problem, this might be it?

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/18/2013 3:48 am

Update:

I was wondering if someone could classify the type of acne in the last 3 pictures (which I JUST uploaded and took 5 minutes ago!)

Do you think its getting better or worse or the same? The last 3 pictures are the ones with a front, right, and left view.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/20/2013 11:09 pm

Your acne seems to be clearing up so I wouldn't resort to accutane . Besides I doubt your acne is severe enough for accutane.

As for classifying your acne I would say mild to moderate .

Basically when going about classifying acne you have to consider the type of acne one has and the amount . Cysts and nodules are severe cases where non inflamed acne like closed and open comedones are mild. Moderate acne is pustules an papules .

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/21/2013 2:14 pm

Your acne seems to be clearing up so I wouldn't resort to accutane . Besides I doubt your acne is severe enough for accutane.

Basically when going about classifying acne you have to consider the type of acne one has and the amount . Cysts and nodules are severe cases where non inflamed acne like closed and open comedones are mild. Moderate acne is pustules an papules .

Thank you for your replying and explaining the classification. However, since you say mine is mild and moderate, I must ask this: since I do have cysts and nodules on some areas, wouldn't that make my classification severe then instead?

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/21/2013 7:05 pm

Thank you for your replying and explaining the classification. However, since you say mine is mild and moderate, I must ask this: since I do have cysts and nodules on some areas, wouldn't that make my classification severe then instead?

But your acne seems to be clearing and I see no active acne currently.

From the images the only thing I can see are some moderate scarring (e.g. PIH and blemishes) unless my phone is showing me a poor quality image.

Cystic and modular acne are one of the severe cases to treat. Usually in men it commonly appears on their backs, shoulders, chest and face. If you have acne in those areas than you have a severe case . Looking at your face it looks moderate not severe because I don't see a colony forming in your face .

From the images the only thing I can see are some moderate scarring (e.g. PIH and blemishes) unless my phone is showing me a poor quality image.

Cystic and nodular acne are severe cases and difficult to treat. Usually in men it commonly appears on their backs, shoulders, chest and face. If you have acne in those areas than you have a severe case . Looking at your face it looks moderate not severe because I don't see a colony forming within your face .

Remember it depends on the amount of cysts and nodules your developing.

If you get a cyst once a month that doesn't necessarily classify itself as severe.

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/21/2013 8:01 pm

Cystic and modular acne are one of the severe cases to treat. Usually in men it commonly appears on their backs, shoulders, chest and face. If you have acne in those areas than you have a severe case . Looking at your face it looks moderate not severe because I don't see a colony forming in your face .

Cystic and nodular acne are severe cases and difficult to treat. Usually in men it commonly appears on their backs, shoulders, chest and face. If you have acne in those areas than you have a severe case . Looking at your face it looks moderate not severe because I don't see a colony forming within your face .

If you get a cyst once a month that doesn't necessarily classify itself as severe.

Ahh I see, thats for clarifying! I dont have any acne at all other than on my face (apart from 1 sebaceous cyst right next to my pec and underarm, which hasn't gone away in months.. but thats another story)

Do you have any tips for the hyperpigmentation scarring? I've heard of lemon as a natural way, or tazorac+aczone which BURN, but Im looking for something natural that I can do easily in the morning

Thanks again

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/21/2013 9:46 pm

Ahh I see, thats for clarifying! I dont have any acne at all other than on my face (apart from 1 sebaceous cyst right next to my pec and underarm, which hasn't gone away in months.. but thats another story)

Do you have any tips for the hyperpigmentation scarring? I've heard of lemon as a natural way, or tazorac+aczone which BURN, but Im looking for something natural that I can do easily in the morning

Thanks again

Yeah stay away from Tazorac since its a topical cream . You may get some purging from starting it.

What really works well for blemishes is witch hazel. It has to be 100% witch hazel also verify that it doesn't have alcohol in it .

It's a natural remedy that works wonders, but don't expect to rid your spots in a week it takes about 2 months or so. It varies on Diff. Types of skin.

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/22/2013 8:06 am

Yeah stay away from Tazorac since its a topical cream . You may get some purging from starting it.

What really works well for blemishes is witch hazel. It has to be 100% witch hazel also verify that it doesn't have alcohol in it .

It's a natural remedy that works wonders, but don't expect to rid your spots in a week it takes about 2 months or so. It varies on Diff. Types of skin.

Yes, I heard of Witch Hazel and good things about it also. However, I don't know what it is exactly, how to apply it, and where I can get natural WH. Can you help me out?

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/22/2013 3:00 pm

Yes, I heard of Witch Hazel and good things about it also. However, I don't know what it is exactly, how to apply it, and where I can get natural WH. Can you help me out?

Witch hazel is like a toner . All you need is cotton balls and apply it on :)

The good thing about all natural it doesn't have alcohol .

You can purchase at your local Walgreens .

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/22/2013 7:08 pm

Witch hazel is like a toner . All you need is cotton balls and apply it on smile.png

MemberMember
(@battle-with-acne)

Posted : 01/22/2013 7:27 pm

i think it is getting worse. But don't stop your hope...it is always getting worse before it can clear up.. And the thing is you have to watch on what you eat...Good luck

MemberMember
(@abybar)

Posted : 01/23/2013 1:39 pm

Witch hazel is like a toner . All you need is cotton balls and apply it on smile.png

Ahh i see! Do you think I should get alcohol anyway to kill any bacteria on the face while also using the potential of the witch hazel?

BTW, thank you again for taking the time to reply

I had another question regarding my regimen:

I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser, then erythromycin 2% pads, and after that dries on my face, I use clindamycin phosphate lotion. It has been working very well. Now, heres where I need your input: I am out of the erythromycin pads, and I can get them refilled anytime, however.. my question is: should I get it refilled OR stay with the cetaphil + clindamycin ONLY (which has been working well also, no active acne) OR go to proactive (which I have a brand new box ready to use for)

I personally would love to just not have to do ANYTHING and the acne subsides, but of course, thats not happening !

You can try eliminating the erythromycin an substituting the witch hazel . The thing with alcohol is it dries your skin out and can cause Premature aging .

I wouldn't go the proactive route because it has Benzoyl Peroxide which is good for acne but once you stop using the BP your acne comes back and can come back with a vengeance . The beads on the cleanser also aggravate your skin. The exfoliation is only good once a week or twice but not for everyday use, too much efoliation strips the epidermis and leaves it unprotected . Perfect for bacteria growth.

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 01/29/2013 2:33 pm

You can try eliminating the erythromycin an substituting the witch hazel . The thing with alcohol is it dries your skin out and can cause Premature aging .

I wouldn't go the proactive route because it has Benzoyl Peroxide which is good for acne but once you stop using the BP your acne comes back and can come back with a vengeance . The beads on the cleanser also aggravate your skin. The exfoliation is only good once a week or twice but not for everyday use, too much efoliation strips the epidermis and leaves it unprotected . Perfect for bacteria growth.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 02/02/2013 11:58 pm

did you try the accutane?

MemberMember
(@sheraz)

Posted : 02/04/2013 10:14 pm

did you try the accutane?

I did not actually. I was ready to go but my mother told me to try one last thing before going on it, and that thing was Psysllium Husk powder (with water, 3 teaspoons of it, every morning)

I've attached photos to show you how my face is now after about a month and a half of doing cetaphil gentle cleanser after showering, then clindamycin lotion after, then this powder every morning once a day

SnVncBv.jpg
LZbR2Ad.jpg
nLnElia.jpg