Notifications
Clear all

How To Tell If I Have Icepick Scaring?

MemberMember
(@sypherr)

Posted : 01/02/2013 4:41 pm

Hey, I was wondering if there are certain "things" i should look for to tell if i have ice pick scars. I have a few spots that definitely look like they could be. Are they supposed to be super deep/ noticeable? I have really pale skin, the the spots that look like they could potentially be scars are still a little red. Does this mean it could still be hyperpigmentation? or could they even be just enlarged pores?

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/05/2013 1:12 am

Yes, they're deep and noticeable. They're usually V shaped and can resemble scarred pores if they're small enough. Stretch the skin around the marks you're concerned about. If they flatten and your skin looks even chances are you don't have ice-pick scarring, but maybe pore problems.

Ice-pick scarring is tricky to treat due to the depth and shape of them. If they're still a little red then your skin may still be in the healing phase. So might be a good idea to wait a bit longer before deciding whether you have scars or not.

scars_classification.jpg?w=497

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 01/07/2013 5:06 pm

Yes, they're deep and noticeable. They're usually V shaped and can resemble scarred pores if they're small enough. Stretch the skin around the marks you're concerned about. If they flatten and your skin looks even chances are you don't have ice-pick scarring, but maybe pore problems.

Ice-pick scarring is tricky to treat due to the depth and shape of them. If they're still a little red then your skin may still be in the healing phase. So might be a good idea to wait a bit longer before deciding whether you have scars or not.

scars_classification.jpg?w=497

Hope this helps!

I believe skin needling would be very affective for "indented scars" that go flat when you stretch them with your hands. Skin needling should be definitely an option!

Eric98 liked