Notifications
Clear all

Has You Skin Broke Out Really Bad Recently?

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/29/2012 4:54 pm

Hello.

If your skin has broke out recently it could kind of be a blessing as you have probably been indulging in dairy, sweets etc in the Christmas periods.

Imagine if you did the opposite, no dairy, plenty low gi foods, easy on the caffeine and plenty of exercise. You would help to balance your hormones and really clear your skin up.

My skin was at it's very worst one Christmas. Now im clear doing the above and having a really simple skin care regime. Can now look back and help to stop others from making the same mistakes I did.

Acne occurs due to messy hormones (without getting scientific) and what you eat & stress can mess with your hormones leading to spots. Some people are just lucky and not prone to spots, but you can be sure they have some other kind of problem they have to deal with.

Link to my regime here: http://www.acne.org/...r-the-long-run/

A lot of the people on here who have had success follow a similar kind of regime or have managed to balance their hormones another way. Balancing your hormones is the key and the best way to get to the root of the problem & stay clear in the long run.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/29/2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately for many of us, its not so simple. I myself have adopted healthier eating and less stress and had ZERO improvement in my acne.

Good news is that i am still eating well

Bad news: I still have acne.

while i agree diet is important and can trigger or aggravate acne in many people, some people like myself have other unknown things going on that can't be fixed by doing just diet and stress reduction. Diet however us a good place to start as any.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 02/19/2013 2:34 pm

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately for many of us, its not so simple. I myself have adopted healthier eating and less stress and had ZERO improvement in my acne.

while i agree diet is important and can trigger or aggravate acne in many people, some people like myself have other unknown things going on that can't be fixed by doing just diet and stress reduction. Diet however us a good place to start as any.

Really zero improvement that is interesting. So may positive stories I hear are based on people who have change there diet & lifestyle.

Okay I just checked your diet it looks really healthy, doing all the right things. Is gluten free bread high GI?

Have you ever tried a tablet that helped to balance your hormones like Saw Palmetto or something similar?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/19/2013 5:05 pm

Really zero improvement that is interesting. So may positive stories I hear are based on people who have change there diet & lifestyle.

Okay I just checked your diet it looks really healthy, doing all the right things. Is gluten free bread high GI?

Have you ever tried a tablet that helped to balance your hormones like Saw Palmetto or something similar?

Thanks. I did paleo for a good while very strictly so my diet was already low GI. With that came massive weight loss so now i am back to eating rice and such and gluten free bread once in a while. The holistic derm had me on hormone balancing supps and i broke out so bad. I agree that diet for many people work but for me, it makes no difference - different strokes for different folks i guess.

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 02/20/2013 4:14 am

Has your skin improved at all? Sure you will get clear skin eventually as you clearly put the effort in. A lot of people are lazy and expect to be magically cured with no effort.

Have you read up on fish oil? Heard a few people say it broke them out. Will have a look when I get the time the affect of fish oil on hormones.

Is your moisturiser non-comedogenic?