Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeshake

What Should I Put On Scabbed Pimple?

I can't believe I have this scabbed pimple on my nose!!! What should I put on it to help reduce any chance of scaring or enlarged scar? Should I use natural aloe plant? What about Cortisone or Polysporin?

Thanks

Nice to hear I'm not the only one in this situation. :P Not that it's fun. I would recommend just putting a bit of regular moisturizer or Polysporin on the scab, except if it looks like moisturizing would make it fall off easier and you don't want to wear a bandaid over it. I'm too self-conscious to go out with a bandaid on my face, so I'm not using anything on mine, because I want to keep it on for as long as possible and it looks like it could fall off easily if moisturized. I'm putting a bandaid over it for nights and showers though, I don't wash it or touch it at all right now and after it falls off, I'm going to keep it very moisturized for at least a few weeks, depending on whether it's scarred or just hyperpigmented.

I use Terproline Professional for new healing scars, but that's very expensive. Some moisturizer with vit C or Polysporin would probably be good as well.

Good luck with the healing!