Notifications
Clear all

I Want To Share Something That Worked For Me

MemberMember
(@brealeigh)

Posted : 12/27/2012 3:58 am

Hey everyone! I haven't posted on these boards much, but now that I've found something that controls my acne I wanted to share for others out there struggling with stubborn/long-term acne.

I'm a 23 year old female. I have very sensitive oily/combination skin.

I've had acne since I was 12 and I've tried a lot of different treatments through all the years including over the counter, prescription topical retinoids/benzol, birth control, anti-biotics and chemical peels.

I've struggled with controlling this problem for over 10 years and tried almost every regimen including the Acne.org treatment which worked for a while, but sooner or later my skin would begin to get worse again no matter what I tried.

I finally decided to try a 'less is more' approach and it's worked out really well for me.

I was prescribed a topical clindamacin gel by my doctor about 6 months ago and changed my face washing methods.

In the Morning and night I wash my face with cetaphyl and then do a baking soda scrub. The baking soda exfoliates, but doesn't dry out my skin or irritate it.

For a few months I also used the topical clindamacin gel as well, but in the last three months have taken myself off of it to find that my skin is remaining really clear!

(You can premix baking soda and water before hand or you can just put a little dry baking soda in your hand and massage it onto your wet skin)

I've found this method to be so much more cost effective and more effective than anything else i've tried.

Last month I thought maybe I should try to use acne controlling washes again and found that washing my face with salicylic acid treatment washes actually made my acne flare back up. Since then I have just been using baking soda and it's back to being clear!

I would suggest that anyone out there that can't seem to clear their acne with other methods try this immediately!

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 12/27/2012 10:23 am

I think we need to find ourselfs what works out, everyone reacts different !

This is what I do:

- At least 4L of waters per day.

- Eating only 3 times per day, small amounts and only salads !

- Not washing my face for several weeks.

- Daily vitamins.

- Very small amounts of olive cream to moisture the skin.

I don't think washing your face so often could help since dirt isn't the main problem, at least once or twice per two-three days could do it, just try it ! You don't need any kind of products or other remedies ! I have a very sensitive skin, if I eat even a tiny bit of chocolate my acne explodes ! I'm doing this for only two days and its a damn miracle, I had my face full of tiny red pimples and whiteheads and red marks, now its almost perfectly new !

All I can say is that we need to find our unique way to treat acne, sharing something that worked for you doesn't mean it will work for others ! But I'm glad that your face is clear now.

MemberMember
(@savemyskin123)

Posted : 12/27/2012 4:05 pm

This sounds good, but would nervous about using baking soda, as it would probably irritate my skin, as most things do! :)

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 12/28/2012 8:54 am

Agree with you 100%. Less is deffo more and a lot of treatments just aggravate things.

I just use this cleanser: http://purechimp.com/products/super-cleanser

and

this moituriser: http://www.boots.com/en/Avene-Hydrance-Optimale-Light-40ml_1110293/

2 x a day.

Skin has never been better. It is important to use a non-comedogenic moisturiser. Personally think the one above is the best in the UK, took ages to find. Not sure if you can buy it in the US.