Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zm13

Need Help - Desperate

Hai,

I took accutane in my teenage years - it cleared me up temporarily, but four years ago acne started coming back mildly. It wasn't a real issue at first cos the red marks on each pimple would always heal relatively fast - within a week at the most, therefore my face would never look to inflamed and there were clear periods as the marks would dissapear. Unfortunately out of the blue about a year ago, new acne began to leave permanent redmarks - all new redmarks stopped healing. I still have the same marks from then and any new acne that pops up leaves a mark that does not heal at all, or takes a very very long time. What could have induced a change in the healing behind my skin? There were no changes in my lifestyle when my skin started acting this way. I'm 25 now and still getting acne - it's mainly around my mouth and chin, with a small amount also on cheeks and forehead.

1) Why did new acne lesions and redmarks stop healing out of the blue?

2) Why am I getting acne at 25? Could it be hormone related?

Thank you

Don't think is hormonal anymore. Maybe you need to clean your intestinal track.

I had problems in my forehead I read that one main problem is not having a clean system

So I started drink 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar each morning when I wake up with 10 oz of water

With in 2 weeks my forehead clear up.

Also try to had fiber.

Thank you for the replies - I consume no sugar and no dairy with minimal grains. Several months ago I stopped using all cleansers/topicals as I didn't seem to get any progress, and now am letting water pour over my face in the shower as my only cleaning method. In the past I tried many different cleansers, as well as some topicals - I never used the topicals for to long as they would worsen the dermatitis on my face that I also have. I do not know what to do anymore - I really feel like I've tried a lot... do you have any recommendations?

i recomend at least giving zinc oxide a shot. i can not guarantee it will work for you but it certainly has for me and for thousands of other people

Is it possible I do not have acne, but instead folliculitis? How would I be able to tell the difference between the two?

Do you have any pics? I also have acne and have had dermatitis in the past. So I know what it's like not to use products!

I am on accutane, but my face washing is with aveeno cleanser (the one that's fragrance free and for sensitive skin) I found it doesn't break my dermatis out anymore. Also I tone with organic apple

Cidar vinegar.

Also, occasionally I do put metro gel around m mouth

Overnight just incase the ugly dermatitis feels like popping it's head around lol

You could try spiro? I don't use topical acne treatments anymore because I don't want to irritate my skin again.

Hey everyone - wanted to post for you all what cleared my Folliculitis! Literally not a million steps, 1 small thing.

I have looked at this site for years but never posted - so I figured if I could help somebody else out I should post! for those who don't want to read my short story - NYSTATIN cream is the answer. seriously. For those who do want to read my story - see below:

(you should read the story bc its an amazement!)

I have always suffered from mild acne ever since I could remember. But it didn't really affect me too much. Until recently.. Probably toward the end of August I started getting AWFUL breakouts on my CHEST which I seriously never had before.

The breakout on my chest looked as follows: SMALL white heads, literally everywhere.. and there typically was a little hair in the middle of the white head. I of course would squeeze them.. but it seriously made the situation a mILLION times worse. I literally could not understand it.

Of course thought it was acne and it would go away. Well it didn't. So I went to a dermatologist.. which was embarrassing but I needed to get this shit to go away! She prescribed me Epiduo Cream, Clyndamicin lotion, a Sodium Phosphate wash and DOXYCYCLINE. I was so glad to finally have prescription strength stuff in my hand.. I noticed a difference in my face IMMEDIATELY.. but my chest was not clearing up.. I seriously didn't get it. and it was seriously starting to depress me.

Suddenly I began researching.. why the hell do I keep getting this tiny white bumps all over my chest.. when I found out about Folliculitis. I read that there was all these different types of Folliculitis.. caused from a million different things and reasons and I was so confused but I felt like since the bumps on my chest werent responding to the acne treatment it couldn't be acne.

I got so frustrated so I remember taking the DOXYCYCLINE i was prescribed. (I wasn't taking them because I was afraid they would interfere with my birth control) so one night i took it and I remember waking up the next day and wanting to die! The bumps started spreading up to my NECK and I kept imagining if they went to my face. I knew I had to figure it out.. and immeditely stopped the doxy.

ANYWAY - I read about washing with head and shoulders.. I started to wash my chest with head and shoulders and I noticed a slight improvement.. more so that the bumps would dry out a lot faster but I would still get them. Thats sort of when I definitely figured out it wasn't acne.

SO I did some more research.. I was thinking wtf did I possibly do or what type of folliculitis I had or what caused this. ALSO I kept reading that folliculitis was itchy.. I didn't notice itching THAT much except one night in bed I kept itching my chest and it all sort of clicked for me.

I found out one of the causes for folliculitis was because of a YEAST OVERGROWTH and this can happen for many reasons, but has a lot to do with antibiotics and not taking medicine properly. Well I had definitely been an idiot and done that throughout my life. Made sense why the ACNE ANTIBIOTICS I WAS PRESCRIBED.. MADE MY CHEST SO MUCH WORSE.

SO Voila, I finally realized that I 100% had folliculitis and it had to have been from a yeast overgrowth. I remember I made a derm appointment and told them I HAVE FOLLICULITIS AND I NEED IT TAKEN CARE OF. Well I never even ended up having to go to the derm... I was sitting on my couch and I randomly decided to look in my medicine cabinet.. I was willing to try ANYTHING at this point and I saw this cream. it said NYSTATIN CREAM. it didn't have a definition.. so I googled it... I swear I finally found religion that day because when I googled it it said it was a cream to stop FUNGAL GROWTH ON THE SKIN. PROMINENTLY THE YEST FUNGUS. i was amazed. I could not believe that simply appeared in my house!

I put it on my chest.. afraid that lord knows what would happen but I swear I woke up the next morning and it was a miracle. I am not even kidding. The breakouts stopped and everything was SO less red.. i was seriously amazed. So I continued the treatment. it hasn't even been a month.. it seriously cleared up in a week. It even faded the hyperpigmentation I was left from all the old blisters!

SO SERIOUSLY.. I dont know how u get prescribed Nystatin cream or what it is typically used for.. but IT WORKS I AM TELLING YOU. YOU HAVE TO LOOK INTO IT IF YOU EVEN THINK YOU HAVE FOLLICULITIS CAUSED BY FUNGUS! (YEAST SPECIFICALLY)

:) Hope I was able to help somebody!