Notifications
Clear all

Newbie - Severe Acne & Scarring (Pics) + Progress.

MemberMember
(@simon89)

Posted : 12/24/2012 6:48 pm

Hi guys,

Suffered from Acne since the age of 13, I'm now 24, with basically no improvement. It used to be mainly on my forehead, chest and back when growing up, it stopped on my forehead after a few years and started to develop on my cheeks and jawline area which is where most my break outs occur now.

Getting me down at the moment, mainly due to starting a new job last week and I noticed one lady staring at the side of my face, which really annoyed me...

I have tried every product under the sun, Anti-biotics (not accutane) Benzyl Peroxide was beneficial to begin with but fed up of all my clothes being stained and ruined. I don't drink milk, I exercise regularly, take Multivitamin, generally healthy diet (Tuna & Brown Rice, Chicken, Spinach and Salad) being most common consumption, except going wild at Christmas. I have tried Green Smoothies, apple diet, you name it.

My main problem growing up was picking my skin which has left me with some bad scarring :(

Anyway, I have a consultation at a Skn Clinic in my local town weekend after Christmas, looking to have Isolaz & Chemical Peels done if the nurse says it will suit my skin. I am hoping for a better consultation than what I encountered at the Transform clinic, said they couldn't help me and advised going back to my doctor. However, I refuse to take accutane as my brother took it and had very severe mental health issues. Coincidence?? It took over a year for him to get better, but luckily he came through it.

Would be grateful if anyone could share their experiences with laser/peels, or this particular clinic in general?

I'm looking to keep this thread updated with my progress, aiming for clearer skin by the end of 2013 no matter what it takes, the psychological toll of this stuff sucks!!

Ps if my skin looks a bit green just did a Mudd Mask!

post-193167-0-55810400-1356392334_thumb.

post-193167-0-40924400-1356392360_thumb.

post-193167-0-55810400-1356392334_thumb.

post-193167-0-40924400-1356392360_thumb.

MemberMember
(@simon89)

Posted : 12/30/2012 6:34 pm

So I went to the Skn Clinic today - Nurse I saw there was very helpful & understanding and seemed to have a lot of knowledge of acne, the treatment of it and the psychological problems that accompany it. The consultation was about 20 minutes and involved a brief medical history (Stress, diet, etc) and a physical examination. However, as my acne was grade 4 (5 is the highest) there was no suitable treatments they could offer as it would only be targeting the symptoms and not the cause.

Advised to go back to my GP and start Accutane - If I couldn't get referred to a Derm then I can see one privately at Skn (140) ouch.

Anyway, considered Accutane for all of 5 mins and came to the conclusion - No!

Now looking at possibly going to The Private clinic which offer's Nlite (Skn does not offer this one only Isolaz). Nlite so say can be used on all types of acne - Worth a try? - Hopefully get a consultation next w.end...

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 12/30/2012 9:20 pm

Why not Accutane ?